PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910

janderson61 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
activesync will not detect my device

Hello all,

I have installed activesync on my pc (windows xp pro) and it will not detect my device. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing activesync, on the pc, and and made sure the check box to use the usb was checked on the phone and on the pc. I've followed all the suggestions in the activesync help file and nothing seems to work. The only thing I can think of is that according to the help file I should have a local area connection created by active sync in network connections, which I don't. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jim
Old 04-09-2009, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

covard is just getting started
Re: activesync will not detect my device

The one thing that I can think of, is that you may have plugged in the cable to a front USB port that may not be able to communicate. Seems like I had trouble with front ports that only run the old USB 1. and not the 2.0

Don't know for sure, but may be worth checking.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

janderson61 is a n00b

Thanks covard, I tried that and it didn't work either. I guess I'll try a hard reset, I'm thinking it must be somethingh with the phone because I tried on 2 pcs. Luckily the phone is pretty new so I won't have to reinstall many apps.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

not too familiar with the Om's...but is there a activesync program?? try deleting the partnership from ur phone and 'puter. then try again...might avoid the hard reset
Old 04-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

Did not see, but you must have Outlook on PC.

What about the box under Connections, "advanced network" something. Mine used to work checked, but someone said it needed to be unchecked to fix AS.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
Did not see, but you must have Outlook on PC.

What about the box under Connections, "advanced network" something. Mine used to work checked, but someone said it needed to be unchecked to fix AS.
thats what i was talkin about...try it on both settings(checked vs. unchecked) cee if that resolves it for ya..
>>whats real funny and intriguing to me, is that i have 2 800's. one syncs with advan funct checked, the other syncs with it unchecked.

Last edited by skeegcpp; 04-10-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

janderson61 is a n00b

Thanks for everyones response, the hard reset worked.

I think what the problem was that I when I first got the phone activesync must have been running and I somehow got to the activesync "add server source" page from the menu and started to input info maybe thinking I was setting up an email account because that screen first asks for an email address, so the phone was looking for a connection from something that didn't exist. Or something like that.

Hope this might help anyone else who might run into this problem.

This is my first venture into any type pocket pc so obviously just a matter of not knowing what I was doing.

An old guy once told me "nothings hard when you know how"

Truer words have never been spoke

Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

This trick always works fo rme. I shut my pc down for a minumum of 20 minutes. I even unplug the power plug too. Then while i wait for the time to pass I just reset my phone and leave it alone. 20 minutes later I turn my pc on and plug my ppc and it works. Weird, but this trick works.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jyounya is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jyounya Send a message via MSN to Jyounya Send a message via Yahoo to Jyounya

I am having the same problem

Last edited by Jyounya; 05-08-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

For what its worth, my solution has been the check box already mentioned.

However, when I flashed the new ROM and did a restore, with SPB backup, when I chose to NOT "overwrite files", ActiveSync would not find the device. When I went back and did it again, checking the "overwrite files" box, it started working again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia