PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

steve austin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB TV Rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketsouth View Post
Skyfire=

Wow any vids on HULU plus the quality on youtube is great no need for another youtube app! good call!
The Beta version of Skyfire is a real tease. I wish that they would fix the bugs, overheating and scrolling problems. Then it would be my primary browser. Watching TV shows on the fly is great. As of right now I just use it sporadically to go to flash enabled sites. If it was fined tuned and fixed I would give up Opera.

This "new" SPB product is just an unbundled version of their SPB Online Product. They took the TV portion out. The channels are really anemic. I'd rather watch delayed TV on Hulu than most of the programs they have now. Hopefully the program suggestions feature will ge SPB to get on the ball.

Last edited by steve austin; 04-01-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

About the limited stations....the thing you have to remember about SPB is that is is based in Russia, and their apps are world-wide, so the limited selection (especially non-russian stations) really shouldn't be a suprise so early on. There are about three times what there were in the early beta, so it is getting better. Plus....with the request page up, if people take the time to request them, I am sure a lot more will get added in.

I have high hopes, I think it will grow, I think this is the slickest, more professional looking TV app I have seen for the money!!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender0715 View Post
Okay so you can't watch live tv on hulu... sorry but you can watch some sports events after they air on tv and hulu is free not 150 to 200 for one box and the another $30 for a windows mobile program
Granted that I doubt if I would have paid for a slingbox just to stream to my phone. What sold me was being able to sit in any hotel room with my notebook and watch whatever I would be watching at home including my local channels and my recorded programs on my DVR. The mobile interface just completed the package allowing me to watch and program my DVR from anywhere any time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia