PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia WM6.5
Carrier: vzw

rgsekula is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I910 Today, Widgets and Weather(Bug)

I have the Verizon I910. After using many various today interfaces and themes (Samsung Todays 1 & 2/ m2d / Spb MS2.1/ pocket plus..etc) Now I am fairly content with the Widgets (or should I say widget singular since the only one that is usefull is the clock). I like the way the notifications "pop" up and dissapear. I have the soft keys mapped to silver inbox and to WKlauncher which is is one click to all the apps i use regularly.

The only thing I miss with the Widgets is a weather app/ temperature visable on the the today screen. I was using pocket weather with the ST2, but when using widgets it diables all other plugins. so even tho I have PW mapped to a launcher button it is never updated.
Then I Saw Weatherbugs taskbar temperature display (cool). BUT it wont work with the widgets enabled (not cool) even tho I have WeatherBug only to display taskbar temp not as a plugin.

In Short:
Can I use the widgets and have a temp app/display on the today screen too?
Is there any possible way to import a weather widget from some of the updated ROMs
OR
Is there anyway I can have the weatherbug taskbar temp display work at the same time as I have widgets enabled?

Or
with a VZW I910 the whole widget thing sux and that is why nobody used it?
clear as mud?

TIA
rgsekula
Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I910 Today, Widgets and Weather(Bug)

Quote:
Or
with a VZW I910 the whole widget thing sux and that is why nobody used it?

Yup

See, I like the widget idea too, especially with the motifications, but its just too anemic to be useful.

That said, I don't have a direct answer for you, but maybe one that will be just as good.

SecondToday allows you a second today screen, run as an application. Meaning, it can be exited like any other app.

http://www.chi-tai.info/download/SecondToday.CAB

You could run ST with the plugins you miss, and still keep Widgets as your main Today screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9NxXtTmaYo

Here is an idea of what it can do.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia