PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket CM Help!!

Ok, so I'm using Phone Alarm and I love that I can assign my own SMS program. I have assigned SMS as the shortcut for "Pocket CM Contact.Ink" under the Custom Application Links page. When I click on a new message it loads up Pocket CM to the "Contacts with SMS" page. Then I click on the person with a "#1" next to their name (not sure if it sorts new message on top or not). Then it goes to the contact and tells me "no messages" for about 5-10 seconds. Then the conversation pops up.

Am I doing this right? Is their a way to make it load faster? Is there a way to have phone alarm send me straight to the convresation? A setup guide would be AWESOME!!

help please.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Pocket CM Help!!

Ok, Nevermind...

I just couldn't take it anymore so I uninstalled Pocket CM.

I really like Phone Alarm. I'm just not sure I like it enough to buy it... we'll see.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I see you gave up on PocketCM, but if it helps any, there is a lag in time for the cache to load in PocketCM if your opening it fresh. I keep it running in the background all the time, in fact...one of the first things I do after a reset is fire-up PocketCM. It takes a while for all your contact info to load into the app, but once it is in, it is pretty snappy.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

That is great info. I'm going to reinstall it right now. I think it needed to be added to my exception list in SPB pocket plus's close "x" button.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok... It does come up quicker but then i click on someone's name to see the conversation and it takes a few seconds to load, even if I stay in the program and just go back to the contact list. Help!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK...for the x-exception list...I use mine in full-screen mode, and the only way to minimize or terminate the app is to use PocketCM's menu buttons on the bottom of the screen...works and looks better in full screen IMO.

As for the delay in loading...eventhough the app is running and the cache is loaded, the more messages you have, the longer it will take. Personally, I don't mind a couple seconds load-time, but I also back-up my PIM info if I have important messages, or just purge the system occasionally. It really helps load time and the device overall to clean out older SMS messages occasionally.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia