PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No more tiled wallpaper!!!

Obiwan over at the Samsung Omnia site posted a tutorial on how to avoid having images you set as wallpaper being tiled when you switch to landscape. It is pretty easy actually:

How to set 2 different wallpapers, 1 in portrait & 1 in landscape.

Each time you put a picture as wallpaper, whatever the name of it is WM store it with these names

stwater_240_400.jpg (this is the Portrait picture)
stwater_400_240.jpg (this is the Landscape picture)

These two pictures are stored in the Windows folder.
Here: My Device/Windows/
And do this: MENU - - - Show All Files

So if you want to use DifferentPic.jpg for Landscape I have to rename this new Landscape picture file with the original picture I want for it, so I change the name of DifferentPic.jpg for stwater_400_240.jpg and just Replace the file in windows folder. NO files need to be deleted, just replace it with the new one.
Remember Keep the original names that windows uses to store the wallpapers.

Don't get confused with other files, cause there is a stwater.gif but has nothing to do with this. Put Show All Files and you'll see the st file showed above.

This works when you choose any picture as wallpaper. If you just put Samsung Theme_1.tsk or any other Theme file (.tsk) windows won't create stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg so won't find them. Choose a custom wallpaper and you'll find both files.

If you have any doubt,questions... I'm here to help you!

(As an extra tip I did this. I did copy Landscape file to my computer and edited and changed the image with Corel to make it fit the way I wanted and keeping the name I puted back to My Devide/Windows folder and REPLACED the file.)

Original post: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...g5643/#msg5643

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: No more tiled wallpaper!!!

Thats what I use in my theme cabs

Good info to have.

You can also set your wallpaper sizes to 400x374, and you will not get any tiling either.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

What do you use to compile your CABs? I had to upgrade to a Vista laptop (kicking & screaming) and WIN CE CABManager is not compatible with 64bit Vista, so I am looking for....well basically an idiot-proof CAB manager!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:38 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Im using 32 bit Vista, so my reccomendation of Ce Cab Manager is no good

Its idiot proof. I mean, if I can use it, any other idiot can too
Old 03-24-2009, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

That is kinda what I was counting on with CE, but I wrote cust. service and they told me 64bit wouldn't work and they aren't working on it yet.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I used the theme maker app. and I don't have tiled wallpaper at all...but I'm gonna try this out...thanks...
Old 03-26-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

pickthecrowdup is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to pickthecrowdup

I use 400x400 pics and it works good for me. You just have to make a pic that looks good cropped in either direction.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

txter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Obiwan over at the Samsung Omnia site posted a tutorial on how to avoid having images you set as wallpaper being tiled when you switch to landscape. It is pretty easy actually:

How to set 2 different wallpapers, 1 in portrait & 1 in landscape.

Each time you put a picture as wallpaper, whatever the name of it is WM store it with these names

stwater_240_400.jpg (this is the Portrait picture)
stwater_400_240.jpg (this is the Landscape picture)

These two pictures are stored in the Windows folder.
Here: My Device/Windows/
And do this: MENU - - - Show All Files

So if you want to use DifferentPic.jpg for Landscape I have to rename this new Landscape picture file with the original picture I want for it, so I change the name of DifferentPic.jpg for stwater_400_240.jpg and just Replace the file in windows folder. NO files need to be deleted, just replace it with the new one.
Remember Keep the original names that windows uses to store the wallpapers.

Don't get confused with other files, cause there is a stwater.gif but has nothing to do with this. Put Show All Files and you'll see the st file showed above.

This works when you choose any picture as wallpaper. If you just put Samsung Theme_1.tsk or any other Theme file (.tsk) windows won't create stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg so won't find them. Choose a custom wallpaper and you'll find both files.

If you have any doubt,questions... I'm here to help you!

(As an extra tip I did this. I did copy Landscape file to my computer and edited and changed the image with Corel to make it fit the way I wanted and keeping the name I puted back to My Devide/Windows folder and REPLACED the file.)

Original post: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/...g5643/#msg5643

please help. i have searched and came up with nothing. in my windows folder all i have is the stwater.gif. thats it. i have view all files checked in my file explorer and i also have total commander. when i open stwater.gif file, their is the wallpaper image so i know its the right file. i would love to put 2 wallpapers on my i910 but cant do it. is their a way to create the file paths? i can create new folders but thats it.
thx for any help you can give.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I use the stock File Explorer and clicked the view all files and see them...almost all the way down). If in doubt, you can always rename the files you want as background and drop them into the Windows folder. If you do a backup first, no harm done!!

P.S. They should be .jpg files.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

txter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I use the stock File Explorer and clicked the view all files and see them...almost all the way down). If in doubt, you can always rename the files you want as background and drop them into the Windows folder. If you do a backup first, no harm done!!

P.S. They should be .jpg files.
nope, not there. just one stwater.gif and thats it. i tried to take a picture and rename it stwater400_240.gif and another picture stwater240_400.gif and placed them in the windows folder. one picture asked me if i wanted to overwrite a file and i said yes. the picture didnt go to what i wanted. it did how ever change something. when i turned my phone i got an all green blue screen. when i turned the phone back i was back at the first picture. i closed out of file explorer and went right back in. now their was nothing to be found for stwater.gif. none of the 3 were there. i went and got a picture and set it as today screen. i went back into windows and stwater.gif was back to how it was in the first place.
is their prehaps a reg path that i may be missing in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today ?
i wonder if this is a diff between the i900 and i910.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia