PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No more tiled wallpaper!!!

Not sure if there would be any difference with this, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if your on the i900 or i910?

It isn't a gif file that changes the wallpaper, I think that changes the splash screen while booting up. The wallpaper are jpg files.

Also, you shouldn't need to do any reg editing for the wallpaper tweak, all it is are the two jpg files.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

txter is just getting started

im on a vzw i910. unless their are still some hidden files i cant seem to find. i have "show all files" checked. and i have a custom splash screen to turn the phone on and off. so i know the pix are diff. but like i said, when i click on the stwater.gif it shows the pix i have set to my wallpaper.
ggggrrrrrrr
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok. now please help with this one. i created the files stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg. i know have both in my windows folder. if i click on them the picture i want is their. both different. when i hold my phone in landscape the right picture is their, still tiled so i need to fix that some how. but when i turn to portrait i get an all green/blue screen. the weird thing is if i tap on the start in the top left cornor, the background to the drop down menu is the picture that is supposed to be the wallpaper for the portrait view. why is that...?
im about to bouch my face off the desk
Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That is strange, almost sounds like in attempting this, the splash screen + wallpaper images bot mixed. Have you tried a soft reset after making the changes? What Today screen are yoiu using? If nothing works I would suggest a hard reset and backup from a recent backup (hoping you do them) and trying again from scratch!!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i got them right now. i copied the picture over to pc and resized it a bit. renamed it with .jpg.jpg and put in windows folder. then removed the first .jpg. then i renamed the .jpg.jpg to one .jpg and it worked. i know thats alot of renaming and moving but for some reason its the only way it worked. like i said, i have a custom splash screen with different pix so i dont think they were getting mixed up.
now, what i want to know is... if before i somehow got the drop down start menu to have a different pix, can this be done on purpose to add a third picture to the screen? that would be cool.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia