PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i900

ezzcoke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
reset email indicator

Hi, im new here. is there a way to reset the email indicator? It appears as '1' all the times and I checked all my folders and they were empty. I also tried the setting for sound and notification option and set to none. Thank you.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work
Re: reset email indicator

Have you checked your MMS folder? I have noticed when I receive an MMS I get a "1" for both my Message and "1" for my Email. You can also try to select all in your Email then select mark as read. Hopefully one of these two works for you.

Last edited by fastevolutionviii; 03-16-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ezzcoke is a n00b

I tried that already. And I even tried to move around email between folders and reset them from read to unread just to fool the number, but it remains "1". Is there a register setting for email indicator? Thank you.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

First of all...fastevolutionviii....thanks for posting that, I figured it was an Omnia-thing, but it never bothered me enough to post it, nice to know I'm not the only one with that.

ezzcoke.....I know it sounds obvious, but have you tried a reset? Or to empty all email folders (I don't know if you keep any for future reference). I do an occasional PIM backup and clean everything out....inbox, outbox, recycle...... in all areas....SMS, MMS, and email.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ezzcoke is a n00b

Yes, I did go through all my folders and delete all messages but in my inbox folder remains "1". I have gmail, yahoo and hotmail set up in my phone. I went through all 3 accounts and the hotmail account remains "1". If its gmail or yahoo haveing a problem, i can just remove it and then re add it. But I cant remove/delete my hotmail account. Backing up and factory reset will be my last option but I am not 100% sure what will happen when I restore from backup...what if this dont work or what if that missing something. Thats why I need help from you guys....thank you.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well......when I mentioned a reset, I was refering to a soft reset, just a quick 'reboot'. I agree a full hard reset would be a last resort. I know there is a reg setting as well.....let me get back to you on that one!!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ezzcoke is a n00b

Syrguy1969,
Thank you for doing this for me...I also tried the soft reset that you mentioned and I also tried to take the battery out....still no luck.....
Old 03-17-2009, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

I was just about to post again....I am assuming you have a registry editor (if you don't, we will deal with that next). Open your reg editor (I use RESCO) and navigate to here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\sms\unread

One of the values is 'Count' and I am betting it has a (1) in it. click on that and change the value to 0.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

You can try this little app as well, it is distributed on A_C's S2U2 thread at XDA. I am not sure if he wrote it or not, but it's function is to reset the message/v-mail/email counts.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ResetUnreadCount.cab (1.8 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ezzcoke is a n00b

Sryguy1969,
tks so much...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia