PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:00 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Assistance from Verizon i910 Users

I figured out why the icons on the right disappear when the i900 patched dialer from Modaco is used. It is because all of the resources for the dialer, images, and so forth, are kept within secdialer.dll.

Not the case with us. Our secdialer.dll is several hundred kb lighter. Yet these images come from somewhere. Where, though? I cannot seem to find a location or a file that controls it.

I will upload the modaco i900 dll and the i910 version so people can compare. I would really appreciate assistance on this one, so that I can skin the dialer, and possibly kill the off the lock.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Verizon.zip (26.2 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip modaco.zip (198.5 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 02-23-2009 at 03:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Need Assistance from Verizon i910 Users

Modified message, to a request.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

/cry

I need your help, people!

I've sifted through the registry, and the filesystem and found no hints.

I want to skin the dialpad. I've already changed the dialer background and icons.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 (BW23064)
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Skyline987 is becoming a great contributor

I was able to use PE Explorer to get a list of dependencies for both the i900 file and the i910 file. There are 2 files the Verizon file are dependent on which the modaco file aren't, stellibcdma.dll and mitssvcs.dll . The only problem is i cant figure out how to pull them off the phone. Whenever i try to make a copy of it in Resco File Explorer it tells me access denied.
I replied on modaco already but i'll throw this up over here too. The people over here seem to get more involved..
Old 02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Yeah, I found those dependencies as well, and ran into the same problem.

I wonder if I switch to the Windows Dialer if it will resolve that.

Thanks a ton for the help.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 (BW23064)
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Skyline987 is becoming a great contributor

Im not sure if its exactly what your lookin for Adrynalyne but its a start for me. In the windows folder there are some png files that start with dialer. I tried changing the color of dialer_call_port.png from green to blue and sure enough after a soft reboot my call button was blue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Yeah those are like that on the i900 as well. I've already replaced those (let me know if you want the cab file). I'm looking for the lock image, and the dialpad image. Should be two for the dialpad image, at least. One for it pressed, one for it depressed.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia