PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocketshield released Omnia-version beta!!

I'm not willing to give up S2U2 myself, but I have heard good things about Pocketshield in the past, and thought you guys would be interested in an Omnia specific version they are working on...if is a blind bete right now, I will add the first build here, but I would post any results (good or bad) over to the original site:

http://www.pocketshield.net/phorum/read.php?9,1767

PocketShield
VERSION 1.0.0.0 BETA
February 17, 2009 01:36AM Admin

Ok, got our first "blind build"

Bugs wanted!

Please OPEN A NEW THREAD for each issue/bug and please:

1. Search in the beta test forum if the issue is already posted, if so just follow the existing thread.
2. Set a descriptive subject, be specific.
3. Write the detailed steps to reproduce the issue.
4. Specify if any special hardware or software is present by that moment.
5. Include the registry values at \HKLM\Software\PocketShield.
6. Include the error message or screenshot if you were able to catch it.

Remember .Net Framework is required.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PocketShieldOmnia.CAB (283.6 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work
Re: Pocketshield released Omnia-version beta!!

Looks amazing! Hopefully I will have some time this afternoon to mess with it and who knows... maybe it could replace S2U2 someday. Thanks for the info Syrguy!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No prob, let us know how it goes, what it is capable of, and maybe even a screen-shot or two!! I am not willing to leave S2U2 because it is proven to me, but I am certainly open to exploring other possibilities!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

So very, very unstable. I will try and be a faithful beta tester though, because it interests me
Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

http://www.pocketshield.net/phorum/read.php?9,1779
Old 02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700 - Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

dopepope is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
So very, very unstable. I will try and be a faithful beta tester though, because it interests me
agreed.
I'm not a huge s2u2 fan (loved it on my 6700, seems to lag on my omnia--oddly enough) and this seems simple enough for me to like it, though still i dont see a huge benefit in an unlocking program for our phone (hitting the power button to put it in sleep mode has worked for me thusfar, no accidental 'turn on'). but i see there is an option to 'wake on sms' so that could be useful for me.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 PM
The Pusher

I've updated my post there.

Caller ID does not function at all.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

Looks nice. But agreed, I would rather stick with S2U2
http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/categ...g/cell-phones/
(Support The Site By Visiting Google's Link)
Old 02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
The Pusher

Its getting better. They already released an update that is somewhat more stable and fixes some of the bugs I mentioned.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

It does sound like they are actively pursuing the Omnia demographic, which could really work to our benefit! I am interested in seeing how this shapes up, and the customization of it, along with the memory consumption!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia