PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

ebross67 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Turning off VW Broadband Access

I'm having issues with Verizon Wireless Broadband Access not staying off when I disconnect it. I added some email accounts and set all of them to manually connect, but every time I disconnect broadband it automatically reconnects. This wouldn't be an issue except when I try and connect to my personal network at home VW Broadband connects automatically and kicks me off of my network. Anybody have any suggestions or could help? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Angry Re: Turning off VW Broadband Access

Come on guys somebody has to know something about this. I don't want VW automatically connecting its broadband access. Somebody!!!! Help!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Turning off VW Broadband Access

I have never been on a forum where nobody has at least tried to answer a question. Is this a PEBUAK situation? Does anybody know off a 3rd party communication manager app?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Chill...nobody lives here, and we all have lives to live.

At any rate, any application that is set to check for updfates automatically will invoke the connection. So will IM apps. Shozu, which is included with the Omnia can even cause this. You can search for a GPRS disconnect program, or use a regack to time out the connection early. Additonally, I suppose you could change the "dial in number" from #777 to something else so it won't connect. I'd reccomend the timeout settings, though.

Just an FYI--I've never had the EVDO kick me off my wireless network. Both can co-exist at the same time.

Give this a shot. I've not tested it, so its your problem iof your phone dies from it

http://www.mediafire.com/?909nmehimm0
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So Adrynalyne what do you do if your sitting in Mexico on vacation? Do let the stupid network connect and download 10 mb of email over 7 days costing you an extra $52.00 on your bill? If your forced to remove the network connection in settings everytime you need to disconnect, that's stupid. VW needs a program in wireless management to disconnect from their network just like blue tooth, wifi and phone.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Well to start with.

1. I don't vacation in Mexico.
2. I am intelligent enough to disable it in that circumstance.
3. Look at your post title. Don't remember? Let me help:

Quote:
Turning off VW Broadband Access
I can't help it if you have issues with my advice, I can only provide help. In which I did, despite you twice now coming off as rude. First you complain that nobody posted, then you are a jerk with what I do provide in assistance.

PS- Next time if a program doesn't work for you, say so, instead of coming off with attitude. I have other suggestions, but I see no reason to continue here.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Google is >>>>>>thataway.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Lurker

SpasticWarrior is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpasticWarrior

Have you considered deleting your VZ broadband connection and reinstalling it?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor

Download the nodata.cab file.
Find it.
Or if you have the manilla2d the comm mgr page has a data on/off switch
Oh yes, I concur not being so crass. Beggars can't be choosers.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne I apologize if I was rude. It was not my intention. This is an annoying problem. My Mexico point was - if you were out of coverage and had to pay the extra 5.25/mb it would be nice to cut off broadband access and not the phone. There should be a communication manager like the HTC. It should be a click of a button - a one second method. It turns it off or on. All your methods would work and I thought about doing just what you recommended. I should have been more specific with the question. All I wanted to know "was there a program I missed or an easy on off button that would disable broadband access?". So to answer my own question. There is no way to turn the network setting off unless you completely remove the network connection.
To change this post to a positive note, It would be cool if someone created an app or if VW and Samsung released an update with those specifications in mind.
Thanks Adrynalyne, I appreciate all your help. I appreciate all the help from all the other members as well. We all want the same thing - the Omnia to be the best phone on the market.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
The Pusher

Its forgotten.

The nodata application, not sure if its the one I posted, has a easy enough gui with two touch disable/enable (highlight your connection) and hit appropriate key.

The other options are to hack the registry so it disconnects sooner, but the Nodata option makes it turn completely off until you want to use it. I'll post the cab. I was playing with it yesterday when I was checking out this thread. Its got my seal of approval, anyway.

Attached Files
File Type: cab nodata.cab (25.2 KB, 96 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia