PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920
Carrier: Verizon

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Flash Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Thats funny, because aside from the workaround above, it doesnt work for most people, including myself, if the shell is invoked.
Hmmm... That's weird cause I'm using SPB Mobile as my now screen and Samsung Today 2 as Today screen and flashlight works fine.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Sure it is--on the Today screen.

These guys are using SPB exclusively.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

20 sec. is good for me as well. I think if you go into the minutes it would have to be a drain on the battery. I have to admit I haven't had a use for it yet, but it is really cool knowing it is there!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor

I really like the fact that the Today 2 Settings has this as a on/off icon. Although I normally just use the lower volume button. I never had this function on a phone before and can say it definitly comes in handy.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I am using Samsung Today (not 2) and have favoritesettings mapped to a soft key, just for those functions I missed with ST2.

I tried modifying the theme file with my own icons....I got as far as changing the clock color from black to white...when I changed it to red my phone crashed....and crashed...and crashed...when I didnt even have ST2 enabled, LOL...

I tried editing mitdyres96.dll too. Even by changing one icon, it will not load. I posted at modaco...guess nobody knows whats up, because I didn't get one reply.

The black theme for Samsung Today 1 is killer! Problem is, it is missing the icon for the FM Player, which leaves a gaping hole for icons on the screen.

Typical Samsung. Start a project, get it half done and then never finish it. Reminds me of Silverinbox, which had incredible potential.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I agree, Silverinbox looks pretty cool. I have seen a lot of screen shots of it.

Now...what would be nice is if someone can create a 'shortcut' for the flasklight that can be used as an icon in the programs folder. That way the flashlight should be able to work no matter what UI or other apps are in use (in theory at least).
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
If you are using SPB mobile shell, it wont work.

There is a cab file that will do it for you, but I can't find it.

I believe it was named torch.cab
I've attached the file you are talking about. Using this, you can activate the flashlight without having to go to the today screen. This puts an icon in your programs menu called "TorchButton"

I had to hunt this down because I use spbwatcher with mobile shell and still wanted to use the flashlight.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TorchButtonOmnia.CAB (10.9 KB, 368 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bam0112; 02-16-2009 at 11:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 23 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 AM
The Pusher

Very nice!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Agreed....Thank you very much bam0112...I am sure you will get a lot of thanks hits for that!!! (This one goes on my MRU page!!!)
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam0112 View Post
I've attached the file you are talking about. Using this, you can activate the flashlight without having to go to the today screen. This puts an icon in your programs menu called "TorchButton"

I had to hunt this down because I use spbwatcher with mobile shell and still wanted to use the flashlight.

Thank you sir!! exactly what I was looking for

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia