PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dmitt25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia Flash Light

Need some help with this one... I was at work yesterday when the batteries on the flash light I use to make adjustments to a machine went dead... I knew that I had a flash light on my phone, but couldn't figure out how I got it to work last time. I ended up not being able to find it in a timely fashion, so I just made the adjustments in the dark

So later I was playing around trying to find that setting again, and I found it. It's apparently set up to be the lower volume button "long"... but holding this button just brings up some (possibly Spb) zoom function?

Long story short, where is the actual "program" to make the flash light turn on, or how can I map this to a button etc...

Thanks in advance!

Don
Old 02-07-2009, 03:18 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Omnia Flash Light

If you are using SPB mobile shell, it wont work.

There is a cab file that will do it for you, but I can't find it.

I believe it was named torch.cab
Old 02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dmitt25 is a n00b

well that's a bummer... hard to swallow that I can't have my cake and eat it too
Old 02-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Orange

zagzag99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitt25 View Post
well that's a bummer... hard to swallow that I can't have my cake and eat it too
You can have your today screen to be Samsung Today 2 and in the Settings tab you can switch on/off Flash light.

I used to have SPB Mobile Shell... but it was too slow for me.
Back when I had it I had a hardware key to get back to the Today screen which allowed me to get to the Samsung Today 2 and turn on/off WiFi and USB mode.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:38 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I found this:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8687
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
If you are using SPB mobile shell, it wont work.

There is a cab file that will do it for you, but I can't find it.

I believe it was named torch.cab
I'm using SPB mobile shell and the flash light works fine. The up volume button is the zoom and the lower volume is the flashlight.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
The Pusher

Thats funny, because aside from the workaround above, it doesnt work for most people, including myself, if the shell is invoked.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dmitt25 is a n00b

Thanks Adrynalyne!! Works perfect! Although, shutting it back off is kinda tricky...

Thanks for taking the time to find that. Much appreciated!

Don
Old 02-08-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks Adrynalyne....I hadn't seen that one before...I agree with the OP that a CAB w/icon instalation would be better, but this certainly works in a pinch....good find!!!!

dmitt25...As for turning the light off, if you go into the settings > Personal > Buttons, and then the Flashlight tab on the bottom (furthest to the right) you can select the turn-off time in either 20, 40, or 60 seconds, or 2 or 5 minutes.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dmitt25 is a n00b

Thanks syrguy... I had actually played with that tab earlier when trying to figure out how to get the button to work in the first place. but yeah.. after learning of the work-around, I went and lowered it back down to 20 seconds and that's good enough for what I need it for

Thanks guys
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia