PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Imagio/ Alltel Touch Pro/ VZW Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good workbam0112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I found a great video converter for the omnia

I love the fact that I can store/watch videos on my omnia without having to convert them, but found I was taking up a lot of my storage space doing this. For movies I want to keep on the phone, I found the Vio mobile video converter that the piratebay released. (don't worry, the converter is free/legal) http://vio.thepiratebay.org/

It has presets for the omnia (among others), and using the advanced options I have found that if I set the video quality to Full Quality, the framerate to no more than 25fps, the volume to 100 & the encode size to around 550 I can get decent quality videos that were 700 meg to 1+gig down to 400-500 meg. 2+ gig looks good with the encode size set to 650 and convert down to about 615 meg. They probably wouldn't look good with the tv out, but they look fine on the omnia's screen.

Now I can store all my old favorites on the phone & still have enough room to drag/drop some new stuff I want to watch to the phone unconverted.

Be sure to read during the install, you have to opt out of a toolbar install & if I remember correctly, a homepage change.

Last edited by bam0112; 01-24-2009 at 10:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I found a great video converter for the omnia

I think you just made the day for video watchers on the Omnia!! Free options are always good, and pre-sets are great for people wanting to improve things, but not wanting to invest in a lot of reading time!!

Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Singtel

chuayw is a n00b

Thanks for this
Old 02-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

usalty2 is a n00b

any of guys got this program to work? i get script errors.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started

I tried to access the site the OP introduced. The site, at least on my PC, was not active. Went to other sites to find it and they were all inactive as well.

I do not have a problem paying for a quality product. does anyone have a suggestion for a pay or free video converter that can be customized to the Omnia's screen size? Movies play flawlessly through coreplayer, but most of my movies are in .avi are at least 700 mb's. Want to addd more movies without loosing visual quality. Any suggetions would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

Donkey Punch is just getting started

I've tried Vio and compared it to Pocket DivX. Vio does output a smaller file but it doesn't play back as smooth as the Pocket Divx converter. I ended up uninstalling Vio in favor of Pocket Divx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
I've tried Vio and compared it to Pocket DivX. Vio does output a smaller file but it doesn't play back as smooth as the Pocket Divx converter. I ended up uninstalling Vio in favor of Pocket Divx

Does Pocket Divx convert to the Omnia's screen size? Are there particular settings I should use to maximize the program?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

Donkey Punch is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve austin View Post
Does Pocket Divx convert to the Omnia's screen size? Are there particular settings I should use to maximize the program?
you can change the output dimensions on it if you like but I have always just left it at the default 320x240. I boost the Vid quality and Audio quality to max and then usually boost the sound up by +5% or so.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
you can change the output dimensions on it if you like but I have always just left it at the default 320x240. I boost the Vid quality and Audio quality to max and then usually boost the sound up by +5% or so.

Thanks for this. THE GOOD:

I used it last night and the first time out I was asked what device was I converting the movie to. I believe I chose PPC 320x240 (avi). I set the quality to about 37 and it spit out a movie file that turned out to be 397 mb’s (down from 700). I have to say I was a bit impressed. Although at some points it looked like the audio did not perfectly match, but it was cool.

THE BAD: I tinkered with the settings after that and tried to see if the other export to device options yielded me a screen that could host 400x240. None really worked and the value for the quality of movie fluctuated a lot. Now my movies are very pixilated and I can’t find the option.

Questions:

1. How do I get back to the original settings feature so I can choose the PPC (avi) 32x240 option again?

2. You said that you increased the sound and the video quality. My goal is to cut down on the size so I can fit more movies. What do your movie sizes end up being after you complete the conversion process?

3. Do you have any lag or delay between the audio and video – ever?

Thanks for any further advice.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6850,i910,i920,6875
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Fyvepercenter is a n00b

I use xilisoft dvd converting software and when using wmv format can get the file size on a full movie down to 200-300mb and it still looks good and runs well. You can change the sampling rates, screen size (I usually use the 400x240) and most other movie quality settings. Its been the best dvd to digital format converter I've come across.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia