PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need some advise from the Omnia i910 gurus

It is operable, but only if you are in an active texting area, like a text message. It is greyed out for me, when for example, I am looking at a list of text messages, but when I compose one, or reply to one (I keep my messages threaded), the "T" is available.

Edit: At least I think that is how it works. I don't text one handed much, and I dont recall if I tested this before or after the Xt9 disable.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 01-20-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
It is operable, but only if you are in an active texting area, like a text message. It is greyed out for me, when for example, I am looking at a list of text messages, but when I compose one, or reply to one (I keep my messages threaded), the "T" is available.

Edit: At least I think that is how it works. I don't text one handed much, and I dont recall if I tested this before or after the Xt9 disable.
Nope. Just tried it to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Definitly not operable even when in an active text area. Anyone else have this happen?

As soon as I put the reg back to stock it worked fine.

After reverting the reg back to stock I changed the reg layout text to COMP IME (again) instead of doing the whole import. Although xt9 is still operable, it now seems to only go to xt9 if I select it using abc or Tab as the default now. This should do the trick for me.

Last edited by hop2000; 01-20-2009 at 09:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Good to know!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So I installed TF2D a few days ago to see if I would like it. I've now tried TF2D, SPB Shell, S2U2, and I keep coming back to the Today 2 screen. It seems to fit me the best (with a few exceptions). I'm hoping I can get some help here to get these last final tweeks I want to make my phone "perfect".

1) I really like the TF2D clock. Is there a way to add clock styles to the Today 2 theme outside of the two standard ones? If not I can live with the standard ones.

2) I also really like the fact that the TF2D clock opens up the windows clock options screen instead of the Samsung world clock. Is there a hack I can do to make the Today 2 clock open the windows clock options screen?

3) I want to add the DiamondQVGA theme (black taskbars with white letters) to my Settings---Today Themes options. I have the tsk file and need to know where to put it. Does someone know where to put tsk files so they show up in the settings---today themes screen?

4) I really liked the HTC Album as I had gotten really used to it on my XV6900 and was not happy with the Samsung album. I have the cab file for it (3.Album_2.0_1818.3032.cab) and was wondering if I need anything else to make the Album app work without TF2D loaded? I read on Omnia.org that there are some files that need to be replaced in the windows folders in order for it to run properly. Is this necessary (I didn't have to do anything when I loaded TF2D for it to work)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by hop2000; 01-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b

boolieman is just getting started

If your looking for the spb stuff i suggest going to the spb mobile shell thread or the post your interface theread, they tell you what they use to make the phone that way, i would have to say that the spb mobile shell and imarche is a but kickin combo but just remember to soft reset after you install the imarche skins or stuff wont work quite right.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
The Pusher

He isn't looking for SPB stuff.

In regards to the theme, place it in the root of your main memory. Or in the root of my storage.

Ironically enough, I keep going back to Today 2 as well.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolieman View Post
If your looking for the spb stuff i suggest going to the spb mobile shell thread or the post your interface theread, they tell you what they use to make the phone that way, i would have to say that the spb mobile shell and imarche is a but kickin combo but just remember to soft reset after you install the imarche skins or stuff wont work quite right.
Yeah, I tried out SPB and was not blown away by it. I am referring to tweaking or hacking the standard clock on Today 2 screen and adding a third party app (HTC Albums) to the Omnia. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM
The Pusher

I will play with the clock issue this weekend. I am swamped with organic chem, vector calc, and engineering classes until Friday.

I have an idea that might work.

Or might fail
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
He isn't looking for SPB stuff.

In regards to the theme, place it in the root of your main memory. Or in the root of my storage.

Ironically enough, I keep going back to Today 2 as well.
LOL...I think it has something to do with the simplicity of the Today 2 screen that I like over some of the other shells out there. Really the only think I don't like about the Today 2 screen is the clock. If I can figure that out, I'll be a happy man.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
The Pusher

@hop

Copy these files to \Windows, overwriting, whatever. To remove, simply delete the two files. This should resolve your clock issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clock.zip (1.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia