PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia crashing home computer when syncing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolieman View Post
Actually that is a long standing windows thing, since the phones themeselves communicate so closely together to one another that when the other driver is kicked in for your omnia it tries to read ids and then it gets all confused and the executable that you saw was prolly part of windows vista saying "I DONT KNOW WHAT THE F$(* THIS IS!" Just be sure every time you get even a new windows mobile device even if your next one is a samsung to just uninstall and reinstall WMDC i had to do it as well with my XV6900 but i just saw this thread so i couldnt tell you to do that, damn internet moves too fast some days.
Not sure if it is a Windows thing (only Vista). I reinstalled WMDC on my Vista machine after purchasing the Omnia and I still have the issue. I didn't reinstall on the XP machines and they work without a problem. It's either a Vista thing or WMDC. This is not an issue on any XP machines I have tried this on.

I'll uninstall one more time on my machine and see if it corrects itself. I'll let you know how I make out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia