PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To Those With Omnia Sleep Problems

This has also been posted on Hofo, but I think its an important item to discuss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, where your phone goes to sleep, and doesn't wake up again? I see a lot of powering off complaints where this is the case too. It should be noted that if you push the power button and it doesn't turn on, then the phone isn't off, its locked up in a sleep state.

I've maintained for quite a while now that I don't have these issues (and I dont have to reset daily, etc), and really, I don't. Thats not to say I have never had them, I just don't now.

The first time it happened to me, it was when I was running Winterface 1.2. Pity, because I really liked the app. Once I removed it, the problem never returned.

The next time it happened was yesterday. This time, I didn't have Winterface installed. But what I did do, is leave Iris running in the background. When I went to use my phone several hours later, it was asleep, locked up. THe phone itself was pretty warm to the touch for a "sleeping" phone. At first, I feared the worst, and I had joined the ranks of the bad Omnias, but then I thought back and remembered Iris.

Since then, I have had no issues whatsoever. Normally, when I stop using my phone, I stop all tasks. The only thing I leave idling in the background is Launcher.exe (The main menu) because it starts so much faster. Thats it. I have zero problems.

So now, my question to those with problems, how many of you are leaving apps (third party or not) running int he background when you let your phone idle and sleep? I'm thinking it is probably no different than a real Windows machine, where if you have an application that does not play nicely with low power states, it makes the machine crash, or not return from sleep, standby, or hibernation. Usually in those cases, its a driver causing the problems, of course. Thats not to say it isn't a flaky driver on the Omnia, either.

In both of my cases, it was an application running in the background when my Omnia went idle and went to sleep.

Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: To Those With Omnia Sleep Problems

I have never had this 'Sleep Omnia' (get it....sleep APNIA...OMNIA.....yeah corney I guess) but I always have apps running in the background including SPB MobileShell, PocketCM and OS Reminder (not sure if that is the exact name right now).

The only thing that shows in a task manager is PocketCM, the others seem to run without being detected by a task manager!! I ALWAYS have PocketCM running though!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I am sure not all apps do this, but if we could get a tally of people who do have this problem, and what apps are running in the background when the phone sleeps, maybe we can come up with a more solid theory on what is doing it.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i910 Omnia

wtherrell is becoming a great contributor

The only Omnia sleep problem I have had is staying up way too late browsing forums and modding the phone.

Wait until tomorrow to procrastinate
Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

gatorbyte is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
The only Omnia sleep problem I have had is staying up way too late browsing forums and modding the phone.
I stayed up till 3am messing with skins in spb ms last night. Man did I feel like an idiot this morning.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia