PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Cmass is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headphones too quiet?

Perhaps I'm just getting deaf. (and dumb)
I think I probably play my music at a reasonable level. But, does anyone else think the volume at max is too quiet? I listen to music outside while hiking, working and biking so sometimes it is important to really crank these up - especially if wearing a hat.
Is there a boost available? Am I missing something? Or is this all the power it can provide? My Rio cranks up really well, my Zune is a bit tepid - although not this bad and my other phones rock pretty well.

Also, I'm trying S2P and finding it rather problematic. When the screen times out I get a black screen and no way to bring up the player again except by hitting the power button and then going to the task manager and switching to the player. Meanwhile it continues to play.

And while I'm at it. A good MP3 player with an eq? Is there a fairly consistent favorite here? Smartphonemag has a page with a small list that were judged but the judges comments were one-liners and not particularly useful. One the official "winner" was "Pocket Player"......

Last edited by Cmass; 12-28-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Headphones too quiet?

I can't take credit for these, but here are a couple tweaks for volume I found over at Howard's forums:

The first is a reg change:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/CONTROLPANEL/SOUNDCATAGORIES/INCALL = INITVOL - WAS 2, CHANGED IT TO 4.

The second is in a zip file, just unzip, and put anywhere on your device and click on it. I think it is the same tweak made easier to use...here is the post:
http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...&postcount=575

I will add the zip here as well....let me know if it works for you!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewAUDIO.zip (441 Bytes, 32 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Use better headphones the stock ipod ones are good
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910

JB4409 is a n00b

I use the jabra dog tag style BT headphones for music while I`m at the gym, as well as hands free when I`m driving. The volume is plenty loud, and without to much detail, I do like my tunes to be LOUD

I would like an EQ, but honestly, touchPlayer is working just fine for me (for now LOL)
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor

I use the Jabra "dog tag" as well, volume is fine and sound is clean but because some of my mp3's are from different sources I could use an EQ function as well, please post if any are known for TouchPlayer.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia