PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of installing SPB Mobile Shell

Ok, I got the comm manager figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRedLine View Post
The 4th icon is a favourites page. Go to programs / settings and then customize menu. Highlight 'My Menu' and then go to 'Menu' 'Add' 'Add Link' this allows you to place programs in here that you use often.
I did this. I have 5 things in the "My Menu" menu. Some of them are files, and some are links. The 4th Icon still doesn't do anything. It's weird, it acts like it doesn't register the 'push'. I even tried the mouse but it doesn't register.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post

I did this. I have 5 things in the "My Menu" menu. Some of them are files, and some are links. The 4th Icon still doesn't do anything. It's weird, it acts like it doesn't register the 'push'. I even tried the mouse but it doesn't register.
Sorry not sure why it's not working then. Is the 'My Menu' option enabled (ticked) within Customize Menu ???

You could try disabling it, soft-resetting then enabling again.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Exactly which icon are you trying to figure out? If possible, a screen-shot would be best!! Depending on the icon, I may have some input, but I want to hold off on confusing the issue any more that it is by assuming incorrectly!!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I did take a screen shot in a different previous post.

I will try unticking it and restarting it.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

OK...I went back and saw your post....(nice look BTW). The icon your having difficulty with is the one that acts as a task manager on mine! Let me know how playing around with the menu goes, I will try to post a screenshot of my menu page so we can compare!!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

That didn't fix it. I was wondering though. I was looking at everyone else's screenshots and I discovered that the "comm manager dashes" are up in top line below the name. However, mine is on the 'menu grid'. Any suggestions? Is it a setting or something?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work

For the record, I use SPB Pocket Plus, which I find does everything I need for an interface.

But I do agree somewhat with the poster in this thread who said he is fine and happy using the widgets screen.

I personally can see someone being quite happy with the widgets screen. I can also frankly see someone quite happy with the Verizon Omnia Today 1 Screen and the Main Menu. Both are quite functional. Especially I think those screens are awesome for casual users who do not like to tinker.

I think the real problem with the widgets for me is that they are too large. You can't put more than a couple on the screen without turning it into a widget mess. Also, would be nice if widgets had a closed and open profile, with the closed being much smaller on the screen.

The Today 1 screen and Main Menu are also fine and functional, though I personally despise the cartoonish icons. In addition, I need more than 12 customizable icons that the Main Menu shortcuts screen gives.

Devin
Old 01-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well...

I found the backgrounds that I wanted, so now I'm pretty happy with just the regular WM. SPB Mobile Shell is really nice, but in reality there are only a couple of features that are awesome. I really like having 3 pages of quick dials. I really like the fact that the quick dials don't dial a number, they load the contact and you can choose home or mobile from there.

Other than that Mobile Shell is good but I'm not sure it's worth $30. HTC home is free and works well (only has 9 speed dials though).

Last edited by Phantom27; 01-03-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Threadstarter

Cmass is becoming a great contributor

I asked Spb for a refund today. I bought the full communications suite for $50 and found it to be a bloated mess....and most of it is of little or no use to me. Like many apps, the idea of having them in reality does not match how I actually use the device on a daily basis.

I may try the HTC - although from what I've been reading on the HTC site, many people are having a horrible time with it and over and over I read "Do NOT use with 6.1 - it is not compatible" ...

To wipe it all clean I have done a full hard reset so I'm in for another day of screwing around with it and trying to find the right apps..............

Last edited by Cmass; 01-03-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i910 Omnia

wtherrell is becoming a great contributor

If you are seeing this blank space that brings up My menu, then you don't have all the items checked and in the proper order. When you do, that button that doesn't do anything will bring up your "My Menu" direct from the Now screen. Should be like attached pic. It worked for me!
You will also find the comm manager in the top bar when you do that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SpbMenuItems.jpg (13.3 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!

Wait until tomorrow to procrastinate

Last edited by wtherrell; 01-03-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia