PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to help

I've been asked by a few people in the Omnia Forum to see if it would be possible to unlock the GPS like I did with the VZW Touch Pro. I need someone to lead me to a Shipped ROM for this device so I can look into it. If you have a copy of the FULL Shipped ROM on your pc, please extract it and then pass me all of the contents EXCEPT for the RUU_signed.nbh.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Trying to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I've been asked by a few people in the Omnia Forum to see if it would be possible to unlock the GPS like I did with the VZW Touch Pro. I need someone to lead me to a Shipped ROM for this device so I can look into it. If you have a copy of the FULL Shipped ROM on your pc, please extract it and then pass me all of the contents EXCEPT for the RUU_signed.nbh.
http://www.filedropper.com/i910bj2820276
rom dump (from device)

http://www.filedropper.com/i910dumpfolder
actual dump folder (this is prolly what you want bored)

Last edited by angel12; 12-27-2008 at 01:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Lurker

SlangMarket.Com is a n00b

Any progress? Is there anything else aside from a copy of the ROM?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I wish we could find more support for the Omnia
Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I wish we could find more support for the Omnia
Other than a new ROM (it will come, we just have to be patient) what type of support are you looking for? There are a lot of great resources in here, and on other sites!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Other than a new ROM (it will come, we just have to be patient) what type of support are you looking for? There are a lot of great resources in here, and on other sites!!
I had the Omnia when I was with Verizon, but after a month of no advances I got the Verizon Touch Pro and of course after that mistake I went to Sprint and got their Touch Pro, I would love to have a Omnia on Sprint
Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

omnia rocks!!
but we need a new rom for GPS

Phandroid!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The GPS will be out soon, and I am thinking it will be with a new ROM, which in turn (in theory at least) should unleash the cooks and we will see custom ROMs all over the place!!

kyrumo....If your happy with Sprint great, but I'm sorry you ditched the Omnia after only a month, it is still new, updates will come out!! Enjoy the Touch Pro, I have heard good things about it (too bulky for me, but a strong device nonetheless).
Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Lurker

SlangMarket.Com is a n00b

Well, if there is any contribution I can make, let me know...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia