PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

pppebble88 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Caller ID Display

Hello,

I just got the Omnia and have found a small issue. Whenever someone calls me, the display for whoever is calling displays at the very bottom and the picture I have set for them is cut off half-way. I have looked on the internet and it seems others have this issue, and some don't. I tried to calibrate the screen, but that didn't help. Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated. Thanks a lot and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Caller ID Display

I wish I could tell you if I have this issue or not, but believe it or not...I have never even seen the Omnia's caller ID screen. Before I even activated mine I installed S2U2 and activated full-screen caller ID. Even in thumbnail mode the caller ID screen included in S2U2 is more finger-friendly and cooler looking than stock!

So...I can't give you a 'fix' for your problem, but I can suggest using S2U2 and get a great caller ID screen and a VERY cool lock app in the bargain!!!!

Get it here: http://www.ac-s2.com/

The developer takes donations (freeware), and if your going to use the full-screen caller ID do yourself a favor and download S2V as well and assign all your contact pics with that!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

syrguy1969,

Thanks a lot for the guidance...I downloaded the program (s2u2) and installed it, but i have some questions. Whenever it locks, the top title bar with the battery, etc always says "No Service"...Do you know why? Also, I can't get the wallpaper to work. I set the directory to MyDocuments/MyPictures? or something like that, and the directory has pictures in it, but how do I select pictures individually? Or...what if I want the picture to be exactly the same as the bg on my phone? Any help you could offer with these questions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK...as for the 'no service' message...that is a bug with the Omnia's that A_C knows about and has looked at the reg strings I sent him. I don't think anything can be done at this time, but if you like, there is a band-aid you can use called Personalizer. It is right in the software forum here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=personalizer

Just install and run (very small) and you can enter in whatever you want to see as a provider name, and after that you will see that with the signal strength in the upper left corner of S2U2.

A good way to set a wallpaper for S2U2 is to install S2V (Slide to View) and navigate to the image, open the menu (on the bottom) of S2V and chose 'Set as S2U2 Wallpaper' it will ask landscape or portrait, and then it will be done.

If you want to use an image without getting into another app, copy the image you want, rename it wallpaper.jpg and copy over the one in the GFX folder of S2U2 and then you will be done (there ate two...landscape + protrait).

Remember though...any changes you make to S2U2 in the settings or graphics, you should stop iLock and restart it again for the changes to take effect!!

Feel free to say so if I wasn't too clear!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

syrguy1969,

Thanks so much for the help and sorry to keep bothering you, but i like to learn all about the device I get and I just have a lot of questions...Below is a few questions I still have...

1. For the weather in the S2U2, It doesn't show up...I have the MobileWeather selected, but it doesn't show.
2. You mentioned for any changes I need to close S2U2 and re-open, but I can't figure out how to close iLock...I looked in the TaskManager and it is not in there.
3. On the page you sent me the link to with how to change the "Carrier Name," the theme on that display is a LOT different than the today screen I currently have. I am trying to figure out how to get my today screen to look like that. (Whenever I try to change the Today screen, it says the Samsung Widgets are not compatible, etc, and doesn't change anything)
4. How can I ensure that all of the pictures I take, etc, are being stored on the 1GB sd card I have installed?

Again, sorry for all of the questions and thanks so much for your help thus far.

-Pebble
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppebble88 View Post
syrguy1969,

Thanks so much for the help and sorry to keep bothering you, but i like to learn all about the device I get and I just have a lot of questions...Below is a few questions I still have...

1. For the weather in the S2U2, It doesn't show up...I have the MobileWeather selected, but it doesn't show.
2. You mentioned for any changes I need to close S2U2 and re-open, but I can't figure out how to close iLock...I looked in the TaskManager and it is not in there.
3. On the page you sent me the link to with how to change the "Carrier Name," the theme on that display is a LOT different than the today screen I currently have. I am trying to figure out how to get my today screen to look like that. (Whenever I try to change the Today screen, it says the Samsung Widgets are not compatible, etc, and doesn't change anything)
4. How can I ensure that all of the pictures I take, etc, are being stored on the 1GB sd card I have installed?

Again, sorry for all of the questions and thanks so much for your help thus far.

-Pebble
pppebble...
if you want to add anything to your today screen you need to disable the Samsung widgets first... goto START/SETTINGS/TODAY and then select items at the bottom and in the next window uncheck samsung widgets...

as far as specifying where ur pics go from the camera turn on the camera click the icon with the little wrench there u will see settings...and another wrench icon click that..and u will see default storage and u can change the default picture storage...

Just bear in mind software for new phones like the Omnia always take some time to catch up, but soon we will all have unlocked GPS, YouTube, and a working battery meter with 1% increments...just be patient this IS a great phone...
Old 12-25-2008, 04:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

pdub73,

Thanks a lot for the help...I am going to try those things you mentioned and play around with it...I am assuming that once I disable the widgets I can change the options...Are there themes you can download? Also, for the weather, how do I shut down the iLock and restart it (or will that still not get it working?)

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

-Pebble
Old 12-25-2008, 06:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

Dumb Question: When I am entering text through the Samsung Keyboard, a lot of times the keyboard is blocking the rest of the screen...How can I hide the keyboard "on demand"?

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

to disable Ilock u need to click START/PROGRAMS/S2U2 in the s2u2 folder there will be an icon thats called ilock2 click it and u should get a message telling u ilock and s2u2 are closed. to restart it go to the same folder and click the S2U2 icon and that will restart it, I don't use S2U2 anymore so I'm not sure about getting the weather to work with the Omnia.

to hide ur keyboard just press the little icon between "send" and "menu" keys
Old 12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

pppebble88 is a n00b

Few questions

1. I disabled HTC Home because I liked Samsung Today 2 better. However, I can't get the weather with Samsung Today 2. So, with the S2U2 weather not working, any suggestions?
2. Has anyone noticed that it takes a long time for the Omnia to "wake up" when the S2u2 has turned it off for power save? I have to press the power button, the the end button, randomly, and sometimes hold it for 5-10 seconds, to get a response...Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia