PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Today 2 screen?

Here is the site (but yes, Google is your friend here ):

http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

It should be able to work on 6.1 no problem.

What error did you get trying to install PHM?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910

serenity0769@yahoo.com is a n00b
Question Re: Samsung Today 2 screen?

Hey everyone,
I am very new to this site. Also, new to my Omnia. I was doing research and saw that there is a second Today Screen available and I would like to know how I can use it without having to download anything new to my phone. From what I gather the program files are already hidden on my phone somewhere.

Is this correct?

Help would be wonderful!

Thank you so much.

(P.S. I really need step by step directions as I have never had to modify anything in my phone before)
Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910

serenity0769@yahoo.com is a n00b
Question Re: Samsung Today 2 screen?

Hey everyone,
I am very new to this site. Also, new to my Omnia. I was doing research and saw that there is a second Today Screen available and I would like to know how I can use it without having to download anything new to my phone. From what I gather the program files are already hidden on my phone somewhere.

Is this correct?

Help would be wonderful!

Thank you so much.

(P.S. I really need step by step directions as I have never had to modify anything in my phone before)
Old 03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity0769@yahoo.com View Post
Hey everyone,

Is this correct?

Help would be wonderful!

Thank you so much.

Please read this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51532

It will tell you how to do this as well as lots of other things you can do to make your phone better.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Its in the tweak thread, first page. Its stickied at the top. If you have issues though, I made an installable enabler too. It won't take up any extra space aside from adding an entry to the registry and remove programs.

http://cid-ab9de24be9af1b9f.skydrive.../Omnia/st2.cab

Click through to download.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

357 is a n00b

Samsung Today 2 is already on your Omnia, it just has to be enabled as an option. This can only be done by modifying the registry. You need a registry editor to do that. PHM offers one for free.

Be careful modifying the registry. Make sure you backup any Key before you modify it. That way you have a chance at reversing your change should you make a mistake. Once you have PHM or another registry editor you have to browse to or create this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ Samsung Today 2]

Then you have to add the following items underneath that key:
"Order"=dword:00000003
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Options"=dword:00000001
"Type"=dword:00000005
"Selectability"=dword:00000002
"DLL"="secst.dll"

Registry values are sometimes case sensitive. Make sure you have it EXACT.

One you're done, close the editor and do a soft reset (power off and back on). Then you shoudl see Samsung Today 2 in the list of options for Today screens.

Or, you can install the cab above.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Lurker

zuliatardis is a n00b

works great on my vzw i910, though not customizable...tnx!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

KrakaJap is a n00b

For those who don't want to mess with the registry... just install the CAB. It only installs another copy of the dll on your device (which is only 700k). If you're really worried about wasting 700k of space... delete the original dll file, then install the cab and guess what... you've wasted NO space at all! Look inside the CAB file and you'll find the setup.xml which shows you that it's installing another copy of secst.dll and making the exact same registry entry. That's it.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:42 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

How about they install my cab, and not waste any space at all?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Abouch

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

awsome post, it helped alot, ty
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia