PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 05:47 AM
N00b

blile is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Not turning on with SMS, MMS, Email...Help Pls!

I noticed a bug. My Omnia's screen is not waking up when I receive a SMS, Email, or MMS. The tones work, and the phone vibrates, but the screen does not turn on.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc
Re: Screen Not turning on with SMS, MMS, Email...Help Pls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
I noticed a bug. My Omnia's screen is not waking up when I receive a SMS, Email, or MMS. The tones work, and the phone vibrates, but the screen does not turn on.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks in advance.
It seems you may have accidentally discovered the holy grail of NOT HAVING THE PHONE WAKE UP ON SMS/ETC!!! I would embrace it if I were you

But to answer your question - I haven't the slightest clue...
Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I know what you guys both mean...on one hand it is great to not have your PPC wake-up at every message and result in possible replies/calls in error, but I also understand (at least at times) wanting to have a visual indication of a message as well. I don't know how to do that on the Omnia, maybe a script can be written to have the PPC wake-up and bring a message/app to the front upon reciept of a text, email.....

Personally....I would be happy with being able to impliment repeat notifications without a heavy app like PhoneAlarm!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor

this is something with samsung phones, the way that they implement the sleep state. the i760 does this as well. no fix afaik
Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blile is becoming a great contributor

Yeah I figured it was something sammy did to their phones. I found a place in the registry to turn on the notification bubble like on other wm phones, but the screen still does not wake up when a message comes in.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Im gonna keep looking for a fix though. If anyone finds one, post it here.

Peace.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:30 AM
Lurker

wickedscion is a n00b

I know it's not much, but you can go into the incoming sms sounds and notifications setting and set the phone to flash the light (the tiny little barely noticeable unless you're looking directly at it light) built in to the power button on the top edge of the device.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

starva is a n00b

hmm .... do you have s2u2 installed? My screen was blinding me at all hours of the night with calendar reminders, emails, sms, etc., but last night nothing, sound only. The only thing that changed is I installed s2u2 yesterday evening. I wonder if s2u2 is the culprit? Although it did keep me up at night, now that the screen no longer turns on for notifications I kinda miss it.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I920

lv2bsilly is a n00b

You can download Os Remind Me and it will "wake" your screen when you get a new message. It will also remind you of missed msgs and missed calls at set intervals. Kinda funny because the alert tone is Homer Simpson haha. You can download it here for free... http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...d-me-v1-0.html

I downloaded and saved it to My Programs on my actual phone, to start the program though you will have to go into the folder its in and run the app from there.

Hope that helps ya out! Also check out the SPB Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus on the SPB Software site. I installed them and they are great!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bsilly View Post
You can download Os Remind Me and it will "wake" your screen when you get a new message. It will also remind you of missed msgs and missed calls at set intervals. Kinda funny because the alert tone is Homer Simpson haha. You can download it here for free... http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...d-me-v1-0.html

I downloaded and saved it to My Programs on my actual phone, to start the program though you will have to go into the folder its in and run the app from there.

Hope that helps ya out! Also check out the SPB Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus on the SPB Software site. I installed them and they are great!
I'll give this one a shot, I am looking for a small app to just notify of unread SMS, and that will follow profiles (AKA vibrate while I am at work), and most either clash with the Omnia or freeze my SMS app (PocketCM).

I'll look into this one though!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia