PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell Canada Mobility

Kenzie's Grandma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

I hate to be a nuisance but I have another question if you don't mind. I purchased a Mahjong game from Handster that said it was for the Samnsung Omnia i910 and managed to get it installed (using the CAB file) and now it says that this version of the game doesn't support this screen resolution. Do you have any idea why and what should I do about it?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma View Post
I hate to be a nuisance but I have another question if you don't mind. I purchased a Mahjong game from Handster that said it was for the Samnsung Omnia i910 and managed to get it installed (using the CAB file) and now it says that this version of the game doesn't support this screen resolution. Do you have any idea why and what should I do about it?

Thanks in advance
I don't do games but I have a few apps that install with that disclaimer. They usually install and work just fine. They might not function in landscape mode, or not take full advantage of the screen resolution.

It doesn't look like Handster has a support forum. At least I couldn't find one using a couple of quick searches. Clicking on "Customer Support" on their site takes you to a page with a short FAQs list and contact information. They do state they have a money-back guarantee, so if the game will not function as you like I would definitely contact them.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been kind of discouraged buying games and stuff from handango or other sites like that. I always put that my phone is an i910, and then its supposed to only list games compatible with your phone. The couple of games I bought didnt work on my phone at all, and although they did end up giving me my money back, it makes me not even want to bother buying games anymore. I wish they would be careful and check and make sure they really know which game works for each phone, because I would spend money on them, I dont mind as long as it werent such a pain.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange82200 View Post
I've been kind of discouraged buying games and stuff from handango or other sites like that. I always put that my phone is an i910, and then its supposed to only list games compatible with your phone. The couple of games I bought didnt work on my phone at all, and although they did end up giving me my money back, it makes me not even want to bother buying games anymore. I wish they would be careful and check and make sure they really know which game works for each phone, because I would spend money on them, I dont mind as long as it werent such a pain.
I'm sure somebody somewhere has a list of games proven to work on our phones. It's just a matter of finding the list.

Ted
Old 07-04-2009, 10:02 PM
N00b

Thanks for your help everyone. I sent an email to their customer support so I guess we'll see what they say.

I'm sorry but I have another question, I'm just starting out with all these mobile apps and stuff. I downloaded some wallpapers that work really well on my phone (put them in the root of My Storage). I can set them as wallpapers by doing a long press, but only for the Today screen. Can anyone tell me how to get them so they will work for SPB Mobile? On the
SPB site they have some wallpapers that I downloaded and they do exactly the same thing. Also is it possible to have a different colour theme for the Today screen and for the SPB home page? I can have different wallpapers but if I change the theme on the Today screen it changes it for SPB as well.

One of these days I might run out of questions but not yet, lol.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Noblest is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie's Grandma View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get them so they will work for SPB Mobile? On the
SPB site they have some wallpapers that I downloaded and they do exactly the same thing. Also is it possible to have a different colour theme for the Today screen and for the SPB home page? I can have different wallpapers but if I change the theme on the Today screen it changes it for SPB as well.

One of these days I might run out of questions but not yet, lol.
Depending on the version of SPB mobile you have, it may be different. Assuming you have thier latest build, Ver. 3, you need to click in the lower right hand of the screen (lifestyle screen only) and click the option to change the background. From there you can browse to select the image you want.
The today screen is done thru regular settings, etc. Once you get used to SPB you won't use the today screen, no need at all. As far as I know the theme, I.E. the border colors will change everytime you change them, whether if for today screen or SPB. Just set them for SPB! If you have an older ver. of SPB, you may want to upgrade.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
N00b

Thanks for the help. I did finally get wallpapers to work for SPB. At first I couldn't find them but then I found a post that said to copy them directly into the Background file on SPB. That worked great, now when I click to change background they're all there.

I'm still having problems with the backgrounds not fitting though, it's like
SPB zooms in on them too much. Any ideas?

I think you're right about the Today screen, SPB has everything I need. I downloaded Imarch Skins so we'll see how I make out with that.

I'm still trying to learn how to configure all the screens and access them when I want but I'm loving this phone more and more all the time.
Thanks again for your help
Kathy
Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Noblest is a n00b

Zooming in on them? Assuming you are speaking about the lifestyle screen, SPB does appear to be zooming in on the wall papers but that is because the lifestyle screen is split into three screens. The default screen is the middle screen and there is each and additional screen both to the left and right of the default screen. Slide your fingers either left or right and you will see the additional screens and more of the wall paper. They are great for placing either additional contacts or widgets. Thats the only thing I can think of regarding SPB zooming in. That or you need to look for images better suited to the screen size.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
N00b

It's me again, lol. This isn't so much a problem as I just need a little help with 2 questions - How do I backup to my PC with SPB Backup? I was able to make a backup no problem to my storage card but I was thinking that that would'nt really do me any good if I lose my phone or something (I actually put one cellphone thru the washing machine by mistake). The other question I have is concerning the FabiPolice (?) font. I installed it and it works great but I was wondering if there is any way to change the size a little bit?

I've spent all day with this thing and my brain is toast from all the searching and reading I've been doing. I've installed ImarcheSkins and it's up and running well (I love it) and I've figured out the wallpaper problem I was having too thanks to your help.

I love the way my Omnia looks now and actually everything works, surprise, surprise. There are still some things to do like configuring the rest of the screens in the Tiles view but I'll go at it a little more slowly now.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I usually copy the backup file to my PC when I connect the Omnia to my PC with the USB. If you use ActiveSync SPB has an auto backup copy app that you download to the PC and it will transfer all the backup files to your PC every time you sync.

As for fonts, go into settings, system, screen, and the third tab should allow you a little leeway in size.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia