PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: Sprint

iramos912 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Failed to install Froyo now cant boot phone up please help!

I was trying to follow a youtube video on how to install Froyo 2.2 on my moment. It seemed easy enough but my stupid phone usb is not quite right and it disconnected during the install. I tried several times to finish the install of the software but the computer refused to recognize my phone so I could not. Now when I try to boot up my phone I get the SDX logo and a picture of a phone and computer trying to connect along with a big yellow triangle with the ! point in the middle telling me there was an error. I cannot finish reinstalling that software nor can I seem to boot up the phone normally. Please is there anyone who can tell me how to restore my 2.1 on the phone or factory reset when I cannot turn the phone on?

Here is a summary of my massive messup

I downloaded Android Froyo M900.zip from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and I followed this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kb-x...ature=youtu.be

or at least I tried. Please someone help me so I dont have to explain to sprint how I tried to install something not approved by them...ugh
Old 05-30-2011, 01:36 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Failed to install Froyo now cant boot phone up please help!

I don't exactly have a moment..but a samsung device never the elss..does it look like this?

Try finding an odin tar for the moment, go into download mode and reflash back to 2.1, then repeat the process..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 05-30-2011 at 01:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I don't exactly have a moment..but a samsung device never the elss..does it look like this?

Try finding an odin tar for the moment, go into download mode and reflash back to 2.1, then repeat the process..
this should get you back to 2.1
Samsung Moment | Random Tech Info
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iramos912 is a n00b

yes that is exactly the error message I am getting! Forgive me I am very new to all this so please can you explain to me what an odin tar is. And even something more basic, Im sorry Im clueless. By reflash...does that mean doing what I did to try and install the 2.2...the holding down the 3 buttons together and getting it to that black screen with the blue letters or whatever saying it was going to download. Cos I gotta say thats where it all went wrong for me before. My phone is not being recognised by the usb on the computer...I dunno what to do.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

You can also get the file from samsung here

Samsung

Install and run, it will give you step by step instructions during the process!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iramos912 is a n00b

Thanks to everyone who replied. I managed to figure it out when I tried again. I successfully rooted my phone which was strange cos I thought the download I used was just to upgrade to 2.2 Now that I am rooted I have no clue how to do anything but I'm trying to figure it all out. Thanks again guys, youre all awesome and very helpful.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment