PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment > Samsung Moment Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Moment 2.1 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
If you are comparing to v1 then it should. The first rom used v2 of joeykrims root which used A LOT of cpu cycles. v1.1 onward uses the newer v5 root which uses considerably fewer resources.
how about when opening the app drawer and whatnot? I dont have a computer that will let me reflash to the original so i dont wanna update via the zip file if i cant go back and its a bit laggy for my comfort.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

looking good. we need to change the SMS alert, the black on black is rough on the eyes lol. i feel like after i did my restore its a lil laggy ( i had some of the same apps installed it came with, they just overwrite themselves,right?) but im sure thats due to everything being added back in. Awesome job as usual

THere ya go, that will make the SMS icon, BLUE. maybe ill do a whole task bar....
Attached Files
File Type: apk Mms.apk (393.0 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Brock1909; 04-13-2010 at 08:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good workkgbcapthowdy is keeping up the good work

all i can say is wow....much better than the very first. i like this one alot. thanks man.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

TCA4000 is a n00b
Question Re: [ ROM ] [ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Moment 2.1 ROM

First I would like to say thanks for all your and the guys at SDX hard work with this Rom and the Rooting of 2.1

I just had a question is there any way you can put this
"SPH-M900_MR2_DD03_REL-joeykrim-recovery-2.1.3.tar" into a zip file so that can update my phone without using the computer?

I asked because I just applied the sprint stock DD03 and got the android recovery system and had to put Joey's on via the computer.

Also what version of JIT do you have in the Rom since you took JITV3?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:39 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
how about when opening the app drawer and whatnot? I dont have a computer that will let me reflash to the original so i dont wanna update via the zip file if i cant go back and its a bit laggy for my comfort.
Download the file I provided here (framework-res.apk)
Unzip Calkulins v1.1 ROM and browse to \update_Calkulin's_Moment_2.1_ROM_v1.1\system\fram ework
copy the supplied framework-res.apk there, go back to the root of update_Calkulin's_Moment_2.1_ROM_v1.1 and zip all files/folders making sure the directory structure is kept
app
bin
etc
fonts
framework
lib
media
tts
usr
xbin
bmlwrite
build.prop
and name the file update_Calkulin's_Moment_2.1_ROM_v1.1 or something similar to that ensure you keep update_ as the first part of the name
Copy that over to root of you SDCard, boot into recover and apply the zip
This will get you back to the original v1.0 drawer with all the apps of the v1.1 ROM

On a side note, while you have it unzipped you can inject applications you've saved into the app folder and ringers/notifiactions in the media folder, this way when you update your phone you will have the app installed automatically and ringers/notifications of your choice

If you want to get really daring, you can unzip the FRAMEWORK-RES.APK and replace the default_wallpaper.jpg with the wallpaper you want to have as your default. After applying the update you will notice all your changes.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Has anyone notice an increase in performance speed using v1.1?
Also, is there anyway to get the drawer not to have that animation that it has?? I'm not too fond of how the animation... not a big deal though
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk (2.69 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by elephant007; 04-13-2010 at 10:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint/HTC EVO 4G

rizzomach is keeping up the good workrizzomach is keeping up the good work

Calkulins awesome job ...Still have issues with listening to previews of sound with the zedge app thats all i notice so for ...live wallpapers are the best....

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=9499163

CHECK OUT MY SITE FOR APPS........http://evoapps.webs.com/
Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

DD10 ROM will be up shortly....

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
DD10 ROM will be up shortly....
looking forward to it, i have flashed my phone about 8 times in the last week,
Old 04-14-2010, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

Deutch is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Deutch

And here I thought once I moved on from WinMo that my flashing days would be over.

I guess once a flashing addict, always a flashing addict...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint/HTC EVO 4G

rizzomach is keeping up the good workrizzomach is keeping up the good work

what is dd10?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment > Samsung Moment Development