PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JuxTuSiVo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering/PAM?

Thanks! Now all that's left before taking the plunge is a way to route voip calls through the earpiece (instead of the speaker).
Old 11-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I should caution you that so far I'm the only person for whom it seems to be working. Not sure what that means, but I found the process really simple. No CM_Guardian crap like they put on the recent Touch Pro (official) ROM, etc. Just one regedit. But you might want to be sure you have a return policy wherever you buy it in case you can't get it working, since it sounds like a dealbreaker for you.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is up with the carriers not allowing tethering plan add-ons, by the way. Excuse the rant.

I saw your question about the earpiece but I have no idea...hopefully someone else can help.

Last edited by haus; 11-23-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Threadstarter

canestim is a n00b

Yeah, I am having trouble getting mine to work.

I deleted the extension:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

I only had a minute to try it though. It was asking me for username. Maybe I didn't select Sprint Data, I don't remember. It also had errors saying it couldn't connect. I'll keep trying though. I probably just missed selecting something.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Lurker

intrepid geek is a n00b

Guys I know this is old but in case people are wondering. I was able to tether my phone out of the box no problems whatsoever. I have had my intrepid for about a week now maybe the newer ones just work out of the box. Its under the internet sharing application.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Are you being charged for your tethering? Either PAM as an add-on to a SERO plan or other legacy plan, maybe? What settings are on your phone's screen in the Internet Sharing app when you tether?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Lurker

intrepid geek is a n00b

Oh I am on an old plan but I have unlimited data I dont have the thering or PAM on my account but I have tethered all of my past smart phones and never been charged extra but I also dont tether often maye a few times a month. Mainly used when I travel but I have been lucky to never have been billed anything extra. in ICS im on USB and PAM
Old 01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker

intrepid geek is a n00b

Oh and one more thing when I go into advanced settings of my connection it shows that my connection is using sprint data #777
Old 04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Can I run tethering without connecting to active sync, or do I need uninstall active snyc?

Last edited by jp0213x; 04-26-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Lurker

jhlight is a n00b

I just purchased a Samsung Intrepid to replace my Palm Centro which died. Since there are no more phones available running Palm OS I thought switching to a Windows Mobile phone would be easier and less expensive than switching to WebOS or Android. However, while I've been able to get most of the features I used of my Centro to work on the Intrepid, I've been unable to get tethering to work on this new phone.

On my first set of attempts I tried using Internet Sharing connected to USB and Phone As Modem. When that didn't work I went into the connection settings and updated the login and password for both Phone as Modem and Sprint Data to my Sprint Vision login and password with no success. I have also tried updating the registry.

In my most recent attempts I did a complete reset of the phone. I then went into the registry and cleared out "InternetSharingEx.dll" and rebooted. However I'm still getting exactly the same errors.

When I try to connect using Sprint Data I get an error "Cannot connect over this connection. You should use 'Network Connection : Phone As Modem' next time"

When I try to connect using Phone as Modem I get "Registration failure... Error #67" and "The remote party has ended this connection." Additionally, once I've tried this I can't get ActiveSync to recognize the phone without turning the phone off and back on.

When I switched phones I did not make any changes to my plan. I'm still on unlimited data and had no problem tethering with my Palm Centro using Mobile-Stream USB Modem.

Since many people have reported they've been able to get this to work strait out of the box, I'm frustrated that this won't work for me.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and found a valid fix? If so, what did you do differently?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Lurker

jhlight is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlight View Post
I just purchased a Samsung Intrepid to replace my Palm Centro which died. Since there are no more phones available ....

Has anyone experienced the same problem and found a valid fix? If so, what did you do differently?
OK. I don't know what I did, but now it seems to be working. I think the problem was I didn't have an active data connection when I tried to enable Internet Sharing. I noticed on the wireless manager, if Phone says On, it won't work, but if Phone says Phone as a Modem, it will.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid