PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

ChiefGeek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Haus Intrepid Tips and Tricks

Thanks Haus, I'll try your Mortscript. Is there also a way to keep the keyboard backlight on longer also? Mine seems to go off after like 2 or 3 seconds. When texting at night it's very frustrating. I'd love to be able to set these to stay on at least 30 seconds (both screen and keyboard backlight).
Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tedtlogan is a n00b

I love this phone, but have a few questions.

1.Where is the BACK button similar to the one on the q9c? For instance, in regedit.exe by phm, if you hit the del/<- key, nothing happens. How do you go back? I also have this problem in other applications and end up just having to X out and start over.

2. How do I turn off the sounds for sending an SMS, dialing, etc? I want to get rid of all of those.

Haus suggests disabling cleartype, but how?

3. Can I get a more generic/default start menu? The one you get when you hit the window key is just too much. I also like being able to assign shortcuts to keys, like holding down "4" for such and such program.

Last edited by tedtlogan; 11-09-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Intrepid

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtlogan View Post

1.Where is the BACK button similar to the one on the q9c? For instance, in regedit.exe by phm, if you hit the del/<- key, nothing happens. How do you go back? I also have this problem in other applications and end up just having to X out and start over.

2. How do I turn off the sounds for sending an SMS, dialing, etc? I want to get rid of all of those.

3. Can I get a more generic/default start menu? The one you get when you hit the window key is just too much. I also like being able to assign shortcuts to keys, like holding down "4" for such and such program.
I would like to find out the same, especially for 1, 2.

To disable the clear type go to system folder, screen and you will see a clear type tab at the bottom. Uncheck clear type.

Last edited by jp0213x; 11-09-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Lurker

ChiefGeek is a n00b

I'd also like to know how to change the programs on the "Start" page, and how to rearrange the icons on the "Applications" page.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek View Post
Thanks Haus, I'll try your Mortscript. Is there also a way to keep the keyboard backlight on longer also? Mine seems to go off after like 2 or 3 seconds. When texting at night it's very frustrating. I'd love to be able to set these to stay on at least 30 seconds (both screen and keyboard backlight).
My script sets it to 30 seconds.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:

There is no back button. This is one of the things I love about the Intrepid vs. the Touch Pro. It has an OK button! But in my registry program (Resco) there is an "up" button that is mapped to the left softkey when you are making edits. To go up, just hit that. Hopefully your registry editor has a similar function.

Quote:
To turn off the keypad sounds, go to phone, menu, options, keypad: off. To change event notifications, go to start-settings-sounds and notifications. I usually turn off "events" and leave "notifications" on, then adjust things the way I want. Alternatively, at the today screen, hold down the spacebar and the whole phone goes into silent mode, or hold the down volume button and the phone goes into vibrate mode.

Quote:
Um, RTM? Start - Settings - System - Screen - Cleartype

Quote:
Not an intrepid question...this is a general (and common) WM6.5 complaint. I hate it too. I put most of the stuff in the start menu into folders, which makes things easier to deal with, but it's a pain to do. I think there is a program called quickmenu that will get you back to the more 6.1 style menu.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGeek View Post
I'd also like to know how to change the programs on the "Start" page, and how to rearrange the icons on the "Applications" page.
What is the "applications" page?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canestim View Post
Hey Haus, this is much better than sprintusers.com. Not being able to edit post after a certain time messes with the flow of the thread. I think I'll try the backlight stuff next. That along with the roaming beep is the only thing I dislike, well, I wish the screen was 320x320. Now I am just waiting on a nice silicone case. I saw some on sprint.com $20 for 2. My local store doesn't have them.
I thought we solved the roaming beep (see the bottom of my first post, under "Remove Beep When Entering Roaming"). Let me know if it works or not, and if not you and jmel need to have a conversation about what's different with your Intrepids.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker

jmel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I thought we solved the roaming beep (see the bottom of my first post, under "Remove Beep When Entering Roaming"). Let me know if it works or not, and if not you and jmel need to have a conversation about what's different with your Intrepids.
Yeah because I've not had any roaming sounds since making the change...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jp0213x is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone know if there is a way to place shortcut Icon in the favorites panel on the main screen? I would like to remove the IE icon and replace it with the Opera icon.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Intrepid