PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Intercept

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
Froyo Update for Intercept?

hello all, my wife has the samsung intercept and i was wondering if there will be an android 2.2 froyo update for it? if there is one could you also provide a download link and instructions? she is a newbie to android and im still using winmo.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

nvmyc is keeping up the good worknvmyc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Froyo Update for Intercept?

No update as of yet...don't know how much support this phone will get from Samsung since the focus from them is really going to be on the Galaxy S (Epic 4G). I have not heard anything about Froyo being on the Intercept at all and unfortunately there has not been too much development from the devs on PPC/XDA/SDX.com to release anything that is custom. You might just be stuck with 2.1, which isn't a bad thing. Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Froyo Update for Intercept?

Supposed to be out by the end of Nov. Well see i guess

Sprint today confirmed to PhoneNews.com that the Samsung Intercept will be upgraded to Android 2.2, Froyo.
The Intercept launched with Android 2.1 shortly after the official release of Android 2.2. As an entry-level Android offering, the phone is meant to compete with budget solutions such as iPhone 3GS.
The Android 2.2 update brings the Intercept a badly-needed feature in comparison to the aging HTC Hero and Samsung Moment, which are both sold at similar price-points with contract. Sprint has already stated that both Hero and Moment will not be updated past Android 2.1.
As we previously reported, the Intercept may be a better choice for new buyers, compared to the Moment. Despite having a slower CPU and poorer quality screen, Samsung’s refusal to update the Moment leaves it in a state of planned obsolescence.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 11-27-2010 at 08:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Intercept