PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 06:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Within release date on Sprint/ Samsung Galaxy SII release date on Sprint?

The delay is on the carrier end according to Samsung..from what everyone says though it will be this quarter so probably Aug - Sept...:/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-27-2011, 06:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Within release date on Sprint/ Samsung Galaxy SII release date on Sprint?

Sprint Within passes the FCC

Samsung Galaxy S II with WiMAX stops by the FCC on its way to Sprint

By Richard Lawler posted Jul 27th 2011 2:50AM

This Sprint-bound Galaxy S II already posed for one candid and now it also appears to have made a tour of the FCC's testing facilities. Packing CDMA and WiMAX radios, along with a design that matches the leak and and an appropriate model number (SPH-D710), this definitely appears to be the Within we were expecting. So far the only additional clue teased from the FCC documents comes from Wireless Goodness which points out it's 5mm taller and 3mm wider than Euro-spec Galaxy S IIs, but feel free to click the source link and look for yourself.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Looks like it will be 4.5 inches instead of 4.3, and its packing a 1800mah battery. Just need a confirmation that it's packing a Exynos instead of Tegra 2 then I'm sold =)

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

no NFC.

Also, i believe I read the bell canada version had the Exynos... and all north america versions are getting the same processor. then again, confirmation is always better than speculation
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Why no NFC? sprints nexus got it they should have put it on this one as well

Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Will sprint release phones with LTE or stick with Wimax

Once this phone is released then its a step closer for SGS3 which supposibly is already in the works and should be released the iphone 5
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Why no NFC? sprints nexus got it they should have put it on this one as well
i think it would have probably made the phone even thicker..as adding wimax did.
also it doesnt show up in any of fcc testing materials, which it would have if nfc were included.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
Looks like it will be 4.5 inches instead of 4.3, and its packing a 1800mah battery. Just need a confirmation that it's packing a Exynos instead of Tegra 2 then I'm sold =)

Here is that confirmation you wanted...

Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results

The Sprint/Samsung SPH-D710 (Galaxy Within) has the Mali-400 MP GPU which means it packs the Samsung Exynos Dual Core CPU

It seems like the Sprint version may have the largest battery/screen. Pretty much the best specs. I saw the Infuse 4G and was like I need this for Sprint. Sprint must have seen it too and said the same thing. Of course replacing the Hummingbird with the Exynos.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
phandroid.com/2011/08/02/rumor-sprints-galaxy-s-ii-to-be-named-samsung-epic-touch-4g-launching-september/

Old 08-07-2011, 01:23 AM
VIP MVP

Ive read that theres going to be epic touch 4g and galaxy within

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series