PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 04:16 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Within release date on Sprint/ Samsung Galaxy SII release date on Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Not anymore. It applies to all smart phones now.

Tapa tapa tapa
Exactly - if they are going to stiff you for the $10 - why not get a device you can enable and disable the 4G on when you need it?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Not anymore. It applies to all smart phones now.

Tapa tapa tapa
Not if you're on Sero Premium. $40/month any smartphone.

$10/month more for 4g phones!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:46 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Re: Samsung Within release date on Sprint/ Samsung Galaxy SII release date on Sprint?

Does anyone have a pix of the way the phone looks like or did Sprint change it again like they did with the Epic?

Will samsung first do the whole presentation reveal before they release them or are they going to start releasing now?

Did Sprint remove the TV out option ?

What GSM version is going to be out first?

TIA

Old 06-23-2011, 08:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Its too early to tell..I doubt they would remove the MHL port though as the Evo3d had one...their problem with the Epic was it had an Analog TV out..

As for the look..I don't know but I can guess some cosmetic changes..

SGS2 international:

SGS 2 leak for AT&T:

so chances are it will look like one or the other..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.32 Safari/535.1)

so no keyboard this time?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 PM
VIP MVP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.32 Safari/535.1)

hey just read this since i was searching for more info on this phone
dont know if its true but if it is then i think ill just wait a little longer maybe by Christmas time SGS3 will be released
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-Samsung-lawsuit-a-battle-over-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-and-the-iPhone-5-both-slated-for-fall-release_id18446

I do hope its true though. I can definitely wait and continue using my Epic
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

AdamLeonard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post

hey just read this since i was searching for more info on this phone
dont know if its true but if it is then i think ill just wait a little longer maybe by Christmas time SGS3 will be released
Apple-Samsung lawsuit a battle over Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5, both slated for fall release - Phone Arena

I do hope its true though. I can definitely wait and continue using my Epic
Are you kidding? SGSII was announced in Feb and still is not available for Sprint. I can't imagine SGSIII coming out within 6 months of the SGSII.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 AM
VIP MVP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hey read the article just going by what it says . If u don't believe it that's your thing. I actually do hope its true 1.8ghz processor would be awesome even though right now we don't need that much
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

nothing overly specific but a recent article none the less: Leaked Sprint Roadmap Hints At The Samsung Epic 2 and Samsung Within For Q3 - Android Apps - Best Android Apps, News and Reviews | Android-Apps.com
Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I wish there was some concrete info on this phone NOW. I tried the 3D. I never used Android for this length of time before. I tried Android when it first came out and didn't like it- now it seems a world different. I like the 3D sense but the phone is just too buggy -
random boots
won't turn on
poor signal and call quality
bad speaker
poor battery life compared to my 3.5 year old WM phone.
Still locked

I like Android now. I love the big screen on the 3D.

I want to return my 3D and have 3 days left but want the Galaxy SII right now so I don't have to go back to my ancient phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series