PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know, ppc6700 was my first smartphone

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Re: Moved from EVO 4g to S2

I don't like XDA, they're too, um... it's like XDA is NASA and we're just an airport. They're all snooty and they know everything and Jesus help you if you ask a question in the wrong forum. The FBI might call to prosecute you for ... you get the idea.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
I don't like XDA, they're too, um... it's like XDA is NASA and we're just an airport. They're all snooty and they know everything and Jesus help you if you ask a question in the wrong forum. The FBI might call to prosecute you for ... you get the idea.
agree and most touch cooks are ACS guys so just shop at ACS and be done, we were first to even root and we have lots of roms/kernels on the way.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Development
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Awe, you guys got me worried. I ordered this phone primarily for the camera and all it's wonderful manual settings. Was hoping the battery life would be much better than my EVO. I hope it's better. I'm tired of carrying multiple batteries around.

Anyways you never know chefs will post here if/when they get tired of other places. *Wonders is this the phone that could bring back the passion*
~Mike

Edit: First non HTC phone in 6+years...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Awe, you guys got me worried. I ordered this phone primarily for the camera and all it's wonderful manual settings. Was hoping the battery life would be much better than my EVO. I hope it's better. I'm tired of carrying multiple batteries around.

Anyways you never know chefs will post here if/when they get tired of other places. *Wonders is this the phone that could bring back the passion*
~Mike

Edit: First non HTC phone in 6+years...
Welcome to the darkest depth of the dark side *evil grin*

There is also an upgraded camera mod for the original galaxy s 2 which will make the camera even more better once its ported to the epic touch 4g..

If you haven't seen:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/samsung-ga...r-awesome.html

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-05-2011, 01:56 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

There is also an upgraded camera mod for the original galaxy s 2 which will make the camera even more better once its ported to the epic touch 4g..

If you haven't seen:
im using it now, there is tons of gs2 porting going on now and the big news is COM7 is being ported now by codeworkx from xda/samsung and kOnane is working on hacks for us and "no CIQ" is on my phone now.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

If you haven't seen:

Why thank you kind sir for the welcome.

Darren mentioned it, can't wait to get the phone and start messing with it.

Just hope battery life isn't as bad as my evo.
~Mike
Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I am considering replacing my EVO with this. Don't really want the 3D, not impressive. Only thing this would be my first non-HTC smart phone since the PPC6700, so im a little nervous...:0
I, too, was a BIG HTC fan...Sense and all. I was very nervous about switching to the Samsung Galaxy. I thought the Samsung was really big...so that was disappointing... I had a hard enough time with my first EVO, but I soon got beyond that. I really like this phone! The weight of the phone, the battery life is better than EVO, and the beauty of it all. The EVO 3D was traded in because of several bugs and issues. I hate that I had gotten rid of my EVO for the 3D. I think you will love the Samsung if you make the switch!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker38 View Post
I, too, was a BIG HTC fan...Sense and all. I was very nervous about switching to the Samsung Galaxy. I thought the Samsung was really big...so that was disappointing... I had a hard enough time with my first EVO, but I soon got beyond that. I really like this phone! The weight of the phone, the battery life is better than EVO, and the beauty of it all. The EVO 3D was traded in because of several bugs and issues. I hate that I had gotten rid of my EVO for the 3D. I think you will love the Samsung if you make the switch!
Thanks but too late. I already took it back and got the 3D. I didnt like the plastic feel and to be honest it was just too big for my hand for me to use. Anyways the 3d is not perfect by any means but I am sticking with it. I have some buyers remorse for not keeping the SG a few days longer, best buy would probably have my head is I brought this back and got the SG again, lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Founder & Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Thanks but too late. I already took it back and got the 3D. I didnt like the plastic feel and to be honest it was just too big for my hand for me to use. Anyways the 3d is not perfect by any means but I am sticking with it. I have some buyers remorse for not keeping the SG a few days longer, best buy would probably have my head is I brought this back and got the SG again, lol.
You got me worried lol, this is the first phone since the apache myself. And I don't think I can return mine due to where I ordered. Oh wells, hope I love it. Best of luck with the 3D it just didn't have enough bells and whistles to entice me to buy it.
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch