PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay487 View Post
Sorry for being a noob but

For Signal Icon
Download HCTLeener's CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll from the attachment below updated 11/24/08

Is there a CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll that already exist? I assumed it would be in the Windows directory if so, and it's not there. Being said, how can you "replace' a file that doesnt exsist? i.e. - how can I install this signal icon?
What's your carrier? It could also be 'hidden', as well.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
What's your carrier? It could also be 'hidden', as well.
Probably would need Resco to see (actually would probably need either Resco or Total Commander to replace it anyways)
Old 03-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Lurker

jay487 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Probably would need Resco to see (actually would probably need either Resco or Total Commander to replace it anyways)
I have Total Commander (needed it to replace theme files) - and my carrier is AT&T.

Even using total commander to view my windows directory, the closest match to that file is cdmahelp.css - no .dll files present

I did a search with TC for the file, and nothing. (searched whole device)

whats going on?!

Last edited by jay487; 03-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have Total Commander (needed it to replace theme files) - and my carrier is AT&T.

I did a search with TC for the file, and nothing. (searched whole device)

whats going on?!
I believe that AT&T is GSM so that file probably isn't there.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
I believe that AT&T is GSM so that file probably isn't there.
You are correct, AT&T is GSM
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Lurker

jay487 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
You are correct, AT&T is GSM
is there a way to rename it to a gsm file and have that as the signal icon? or am i stuck with the default one?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:05 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
is there a way to rename it to a gsm file and have that as the signal icon? or am i stuck with the default one?
So far we have been unable to change the signal bars on GSM phones.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond GSM
Carrier: H3G

teorouge is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to teorouge

REFERENCE - MY ICONS DLL'S
Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond GSM
Carrier: H3G

teorouge is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to teorouge

These are the icons extracted from my dll's... and about the ones I had trouble with, those are:

* [...] when I get no signal, I get the activesync icon with little X under that[...] ---> phcanoverbmp_67.dll
* [...]"searching signal" icon is like the one for "connecting wifi" (a rod with the 3 counting dots)[...] [...]nope they are just similar---> phcanoverbmp_64.dll to 91 AND shellres_4698 to 4721
* [...]I get the classical "greyed out" 3G signal with no active signal icons, are 22219, 22220, 22221 or 22222 in tapres.192.dll)
* [...]And I often get, only in homescreen, shellres_8228.dll for no reason, which disappear as soon as I enter "programs" or "settings" or launch any program.
* [...]"wifi detected" is stock

Hope you can sort it out something useful!

EDIT: BTW, why do you say GSM signal icons/bars cannot be changed? I used tsowen's and misfortun's but I never had issues... or did I get it wrong?

Last edited by teorouge; 03-10-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use a ROM with the default White icons... i am giving the colorful ones a break for a little... to change it up .. how would i add the % ontop or in the white battery ... to show life remaining...?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes