PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jascker View Post
I don't get it how do you get the manila files and trasfer the code please help :help
you will need a program such as total commander to see the windows folder on the phone. once you have that installed you search for the file, copy it to your microSD and then to your PC. keep an untouched version saved on your PC in teh event you need to revert back (things can and will go wrong...lots of trial and error). open the XXXXXXXX_manila file with notepad, edit the file and then move it back to the windows folder. make sure TF3D is disabled before you move it back.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

del4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdLow View Post
I've managed to get other tabs added as above however the icons shows as white squares. I'm pretty sure this is because they have not been sized correctly. Can you please let me know what size the png files are that you used so that I can edit mine to display correctly.

Thanks

Ed
Interesting, as I didn't think it was possible to make the Banner logo smaller...

Wonder if it is possible to get rid of the Banner section entirely (or at least reduce it in size to something on the order of a 1x1 blank image file) to free up more space to display favorites? After all, to launch the browser, there's a handy shortcut on the bottom left that's already provided?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 AM
N00b

del4 is a n00b

Yep, turns out there is!

Now to figure out how to add icons for each of the favorites, as I've seen others have done...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Internet tab.jpg (92.5 KB, 133 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Awesome!! I asked Coz to please Sticky this thread since it is so important.. If possible, next time you see a Coz post, just click Thanks, just once, to show your appreciation!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

silverD16y71996 is just getting started

been looking around and found a manila file and wanted to know if this file is changed will it change the sprint TV tab icon. file is

5fd81316_manila Channel config for SprintTV (Launch Icon)
Old 12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

Ok, some of you may not dig this, but I have the Green Manila files. This changes most all of the highlighted, notification, essentially anything that was Sprint Yellow to HTC Green. Just copy them over to your Windows directory on your phone using Total Commander or Resco. I recommend that you back up the file though.....

Regards,

MG
Attached Files
File Type: zip Green.zip (169.5 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: Changing the UGLY Yellow Start Highlight Color!

So, no matter what theme you go with, in Sprint, the highlight bar is ALWAYS yellow! Hate it. So, there is a nice easy way to change it.

It is a combination of registry tweak and going to ahandy website for selecting the color you want....So first, you will need some registry software (I use PHM)

First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Pick a color here: http://www.2createawebsite.com/build...colorgenerator

Copy the Hex code and place it for the following keys. Make sure you have HEXIDECIMAL selected!

"ManilaCustomHlDown"=dword: (hexadecimal)
"ManilaCustomHlUp"=dword: (hexadecimal)

I have n issue if the color starts with a ), it comes out a little squirrely. But the other colors work!

Anyhow, hope this is handy.

I figued this with the Dark Highlights.cab....I monitored the change it did to the registry and change the hex color of Yellow to Grey....So, I just decided to get my OWN color!

I am using the HTC green for now...it is color 178227...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
N00b

del4 is a n00b
Re: Changing the UGLY Yellow Start Highlight Color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryGladys View Post
So, no matter what theme you go with, in Sprint, the highlight bar is ALWAYS yellow! Hate it. So, there is a nice easy way to change it.

It is a combination of registry tweak and going to ahandy website for selecting the color you want....So first, you will need some registry software (I use PHM)

First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Pick a color here: http://www.2createawebsite.com/build...colorgenerator

Copy the Hex code and place it for the following keys. Make sure you have HEXIDECIMAL selected!

"ManilaCustomHlDown"=dword: (hexadecimal)
"ManilaCustomHlUp"=dword: (hexadecimal)

I have n issue if the color starts with a ), it comes out a little squirrely. But the other colors work!

Anyhow, hope this is handy.

I figued this with the Dark Highlights.cab....I monitored the change it did to the registry and change the hex color of Yellow to Grey....So, I just decided to get my OWN color!

I am using the HTC green for now...it is color 178227...
Did this change modify the unread count on the mail tab for you also, so that it's no longer a yellow circle? Could you post some screenshots?

Sounded good, so I tried it, but couldn't get it to work right. As the attached screenshot shows, the highlight bar in WM in general changed to the specified color (I tried your selection of 178227). However, the highlight selection in TF3D remained the Sprint yellow, as you can see in the background which is on the Home tab. Are you sure you didn't make any other modification? And yes, I did do a SR after making the change...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (141.2 KB, 96 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: T-Mobile

moe925 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to moe925

I'm going to give this a try...
Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Changing the UGLY Yellow Start Highlight Color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by del4 View Post
Did this change modify the unread count on the mail tab for you also, so that it's no longer a yellow circle? Could you post some screenshots?

Sounded good, so I tried it, but couldn't get it to work right. As the attached screenshot shows, the highlight bar in WM in general changed to the specified color (I tried your selection of 178227). However, the highlight selection in TF3D remained the Sprint yellow, as you can see in the background which is on the Home tab. Are you sure you didn't make any other modification? And yes, I did do a SR after making the change...
Yeah, you got it! It looks green in that picture! I was talking about that bar that is highlighting the word TODAY in your screenshot...previously, it was yellow, no? Since then, I just disabled this "feature" and went back to the WM regular Start Bar. I get more stuff on my Start bar that way....

What you are looking for are ACTUAL Manila files. For the notification ball, color, you want to replace the 36eabe92_manila. file...If you go to the first of this post, GoodThingstoLife gives a tutorial for changing the other yellow junk. I posted a zipped file of the Manila files that change the yellow to green a couple posts back. And if you search around on here and XDA-Developers.com, there are many many more.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0002.jpg (14.5 KB, 82 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0001.jpg (17.6 KB, 51 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0004.jpg (15.7 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0005.jpg (14.5 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes