PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (V)eGa's - How to create a basic theme - TUTORIAL

Now that I have created these fun themes using (V)eGa's tutorial, I lamented the fact that I could only enjoy one at a time.

Then I found ShantzTodayChanger 1.53. THis great little app allows you to specificy which themes for the program to randomly cycle through. You set the time interval (I chose 10 minutes) and off it goes. Works great.

Devin
Old 11-25-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable

Hi. I have read all the pages and this seems easy enough. I have a friend with a mogul so I'm gonna test and make one for him.

I have the HTC Touch Pro - will this also work for that phone? If not, is there a tutorial for themes for the TF3D?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Great tutorial!

You could use your .tsk as the background image for your TP... That is what I am planning on doing... My problem is that I can't click to save the theme onto my computer... It is locked... Any advice?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Great tutorial!

You could use your .tsk as the background image for your TP... That is what I am planning on doing... My problem is that I can't click to save the theme onto my computer... It is locked... Any advice?
This usually happens if you have not saved all of the required images. If you select P+L, there should be 4 images you have to save

Yes, I have closed my site and I'm in the process of moving. I do have all of my themes still and will upload them on request here. The best part about the themes is they were perfectly on Windows 6.5 Romz.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by (V)eGa View Post
This usually happens if you have not saved all of the required images. If you select P+L, there should be 4 images you have to save
Yeah... I just realized I had not made the Landscape versions...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro AT&T

trf4705 is a n00b

Really nice write up, you made it so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I luv u!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dman9821 is just getting started

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. This is a great tutorial and all, and I followed it step by step, set up a theme that I wanted but when I click to use the theme on my htc touch pro, it just changes the top and bottom colors (where the "start" button is, and on the bottom where the "phone" and "programs" button are) my background doesn't show up on the today page or behind the start menu, any ideas on what I can do?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tytn 2
Carrier: 3

chaosgerbil is a n00b

Vega - I would just like to add a big thank you for the link to this program and an even bigger thanks for the wonderfully clear and concise step by step 'how to' guide. People like you are the reason that once I had found this forum I decided to stick around.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9821 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. This is a great tutorial and all, and I followed it step by step, set up a theme that I wanted but when I click to use the theme on my htc touch pro, it just changes the top and bottom colors (where the "start" button is, and on the bottom where the "phone" and "programs" button are) my background doesn't show up on the today page or behind the start menu, any ideas on what I can do?
That's because you have a Touch Pro and it uses TouchFLO 3D, which jacks the whole screen. That's why you only see the bars change color. You have to find TouchFLO3D themes, which I think are floating around here. Since I don't have a touch pro, I can't start making themes for it.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosgerbil View Post
Vega - I would just like to add a big thank you for the link to this program and an even bigger thanks for the wonderfully clear and concise step by step 'how to' guide. People like you are the reason that once I had found this forum I decided to stick around.
Anytime

I figured at the time, you really didn't see a tutorial for this posted so I was like I might as well make one
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes