PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
Re: (V)eGa's - How to create a basic theme - TUTORIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorales02 View Post
Maybe I just not understanding. I downloaded the Texas Longhorns and Poker themes and when I unzip it I get three things.

setup.xml
and two other files with no extension
That's because you don't unzip the files. You install them like any other application.

cab file = exe file in Windows Mobile

Yes, I have closed my site and I'm in the process of moving. I do have all of my themes still and will upload them on request here. The best part about the themes is they were perfectly on Windows 6.5 Romz.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Veriazon

smorales02 is a n00b

LOL...ok i feel stupid.... I got it finally
Old 03-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 XDA Neo

rasa is becoming a great contributor

thanks for nice information for newcommers.

thanks
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Lurker

arex10 is a n00b

first of all let me thank you for this amazing tutorial and for the time you take trying to help. i just have one quick question, ok i followed all the steps on how to make the theme and stuff but there is only one problem, i cant seem to find any picture to fit the screen. is there a specific size for the pictures for the today and start page?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arex10 View Post
first of all let me thank you for this amazing tutorial and for the time you take trying to help. i just have one quick question, ok i followed all the steps on how to make the theme and stuff but there is only one problem, i cant seem to find any picture to fit the screen. is there a specific size for the pictures for the today and start page?
There is but I stated that I wouldn't show this at all. I like people to learn on their own and while this helps a little, you have to figure out what those image sizes are and how to get the image to that size. That's the part that isn't tricky but you have to figure out. If you want to make it easy on yourself, find a place that has wallpapers made specifically for PPC Devices. Most images will fit but certain parts are chopped off. Again, how to get the pic from being chopped off is what you have to figure out as I stated I wouldn't be showing that in this tutorial.

MeGa
Old 04-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

Matador is a n00b

great step by step info
Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So I followed the steps and when i went to preview everything was fine, but when i load the theme on my phone the background is tiled for some reason.

Could I get some help with this plz
Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
So I followed the steps and when i went to preview everything was fine, but when i load the theme on my phone the background is tiled for some reason.

If you followed this step by step, it should not be tiled. What phone were you making the theme for? This is for phones like the Wing, The Mogul and The Touch.

MeGa
Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

nohaterzplzzz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post

I'm having same problem, i tried 3 different pics and still getting tiles on MOGUL.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

nohaterzplzzz is a n00b

I think I got it. When choosing theme format, I think it should be the fourth one down rather then the third one. I did this and was able to do several themes.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes