PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like my Theme?
Yes 1,158 47.54%
No 69 2.83%
Havent tried it yet, but looks interesting. 1,209 49.63%
Voters: 2436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempguy54 View Post
Okay, I purchased the phone (should be here tomorrow), and I downloaded all .zip files (thanks Torx) and also purchased the Lakeridge software... the question is, when I receive my phone do I need to update the ROM or do anything else before I go through with the provided instructions?

Updating the ROM is up to you. If you want a perfectly clean phone look for UN robmayer's posts here about a clean Rom.

Or look for Helmi's latest build as well.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074

You don't need the latest ROM for this to work.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

tempguy54 is a n00b
Thanks for the response daveedem. I think I will look for robmayer's post, i looked at Helmi's but it said it will not work for PPC6800 which is what I am getting.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempguy54 View Post
Thanks for the response daveedem. I think I will look for robmayer's post, i looked at Helmi's but it said it will not work for PPC6800 which is what I am getting.
No problem... but robmayer's works on 6700.
Seen a few posts about 6800 ROM, but I'm not sure anything is out there.. do a quick search using 6800 and ROM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Hey torx... used your theme all day today.. no locks. awesome.

One thing I noticed... the network icon. When I'm on a call it goes to 1X, but as soon as I get off the call, it goes back to EV. is this in your theme?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
ok so here are my findings..

I'm currently using just the WAD part of the theme because I dont feel like completely removing both WA3 and WAD and reinstalling right now (the theme bug). So far so good, havent had any major problems. The one thing I did notice is that soemtimes I have to push a button 2 or 3 times before it opens the path (namely the HOME and PHONE buttons) but it only happens occasionally

here is my list of apps/icon requests:

-Solitaire and Bubble breaker
-Sprint TV
-TCPMP
-SPB clock (iphone icon)
-FTouchFlo
-S2U2

Thanks for such an awesome theme Torx!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
ok so here are my findings..

-FTouchFlo
-S2U2

Thanks for such an awesome theme Torx!

check post #57 I think... I put up a s2u2 icon for lock.

Definately revert back to the previous WA3... the latest causes issues.

If you need I can post it up as I still have it.

daveedem
Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion View Post
Is there any way I can add the voicemail notification back on my own? I really need that.
Thanks
i'll add a custom one in the next update, i left all these things out on purpose mainly for my own reasons. Im not for sure but enable and make visible the notification icon in the settings, make it left or right, and test it out.. wisbar3 comes with its own notification icons(unless you deleted them) and if one isnt found it'll revert to its stock ones..

Quote:
Okay, I purchased the phone (should be here tomorrow), and I downloaded all .zip files (thanks Torx) and also purchased the Lakeridge software... the question is, when I receive my phone do I need to update the ROM or do anything else before I go through with the provided instructions?
i suggest updating with helmis latest kitchen if you HAVE A 6700.
unfortunately rob's rom isnt being supported anymore.

Quote:
One thing I noticed... the network icon. When I'm on a call it goes to 1X, but as soon as I get off the call, it goes back to EV. is this in your theme?
thats normal for windows mobile in general. but if youre talking about it being in the theme, its supposed to NOT be visible. Settings/Taskbar and make(i think) network NOT visible. Goto the "Others" tab and only check off the top two (display..rotate..)

Quote:
'm currently using just the WAD part of the theme because I dont feel like completely removing both WA3 and WAD and reinstalling right now (the theme bug). So far so good, havent had any major problems. The one thing I did notice is that soemtimes I have to push a button 2 or 3 times before it opens the path (namely the HOME and PHONE buttons) but it only happens occasionally
this is another common quirk/bug, ive found to remedy this..
lock all the icons, and exit from author mode (checking off author mode)
the button pressing is more accurate.. i think theres some kind of millisecond press and hold required for shortcuts and buttons in wisbar.. then only OUT of author mode its more accurate. I have these issues too and have had with many other themes.. thanks!

everyone can check this thread on any issues of the latest build here
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/for...ad.php?t=12189

Last edited by Torx; 11-16-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Lurker

lolek74 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
yes, it would help if everyone who plans on keeping the theme to give me a list of there most frequently used apps.
I think that most of the PPCs come with some preinstaled applications. Maybe it will be a good idea to include these for the start. I really like your icons and I think that these are the best around.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post

i suggest updating with helmis latest kitchen if you HAVE A 6700.
unfortunately rob's rom isnt being supported anymore.

thats normal for windows mobile in general. but if youre talking about it being in the theme, its supposed to NOT be visible. Settings/Taskbar and make(i think) network NOT visible. Goto the "Others" tab and only check off the top two (display..rotate..)
Actually, Robmayer is still supporting the ROM.. check posts for Robmayer -- he's posting a rev 7 today I believe.

No I know it's not supposed to be visible in your theme.... I wanted it up there as I travel between a EVDO area and a non-EVDO area so I like to see when I have that enhanced service. I honestly had never noticed it changing to 1X when I was on the phone. I wasn't sure if you had coded the icon to do that in your skin.

I think the theme is great... I've had to train myself to wait a few seconds when it switches to landscape, but other than that.. no issues.

We should start a thread somewhere for icons. Everyone has icons spread all over the place, but not in one central location. I'll search and make one if not there already.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Hey thanks Torx, once I exited author mode every button works on the first try!

I think this will be my theme for a long time!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes