PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

unr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to unr
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (3D accelerated - TP/Diamond) [Trial included]

[OVERVIEW]

I realize this is old news but I searched and there is no thread about this game here on ppcgeeks. The game looks great and it works best on medium settings (in options) but it does lag on high quality. If you guys missed this one... it's worth checking out.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 for Windows Mobile brings an adaptation of the highly successful PC version of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 to PDAs and other handheld devices.

[Screen Shots]

before 3D acceleration:

after 3D acceleration:

[Supported Device Resolutions]

Works on my Diamond (VGA). I assume it will work fine on WVGA.

[Where to buy/Get trial]

[Instructions]

1. Download the trial and install on your ppc. *must install the software version of the game first*
2. Download the attached libgles_cl.zip, extract and place the extracted libgles_cl.dll into your install dir (delete/replace the existing one... if it's there)
2-B. You might have to delete the existing libgles_cl.dll from the install dir and place the downloaded one into your /Windows dir.
3. Enjoy the game, it's fully playable with medium quality setting. Lags on high setting but then it's full screen.

Made possible by the guys over at XDA, all credits go to them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libgles_cl.zip (3.8 KB, 127 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by unr; 08-08-2009 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (3D accelerated - TP/Diamond) [Trial included]

i have the full version and think it sux balls.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i have the full version and think it sux balls.
lol darren tell us how you reslly feel.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
lol darren tell us how you reslly feel.
sux balls, im just madd cause i bought it. i follow hawk on twitter and saw pics of his new game(not ppc) and its insane, cant wait.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

91ludesit is keeping up the good work91ludesit is keeping up the good work

Is the sound choppy like Call of Duty 2?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: HTC

Chris347101 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Chris347101 Send a message via MSN to Chris347101 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris347101

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
[OVERVIEW]

1. Download the trial and install on your ppc.
2. Download the attached libgles_cl.zip, extract and place the extracted libgles_cl.dll into your install dir (delete/replace the existing one... if it's there)
2-B. You might have to delete the existing libgles_cl.dll from the install dir and place the downloaded one into your /Windows dir.
3. Enjoy the game, it's fully playable with medium quality setting. Lags on high setting but then it's full screen.

Made possible by the guys over at XDA, all credits go to them.

What is the install dir ?......" my device,program files, thps2"

I put the .dll file in that folder and did a soft reset and when i try to start the game, i get the error message "this is not a 3d accelerated device. Please install the software version for THPS2"

Thanks Chris
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 AM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

unr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuffunr knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris347101 View Post
What is the install dir ?......" my device,program files, thps2"

I put the .dll file in that folder and did a soft reset and when i try to start the game, i get the error message "this is not a 3d accelerated device. Please install the software version for THPS2"

Thanks Chris
By any chance did you install the hardware accelerated version? I forgot to add in the original post that you have to install the software version then replace that .dll
Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
By any chance did you install the hardware accelerated version? I forgot to add in the original post that you have to install the software version then replace that .dll
i hope your only posting the trial, its not a free game. i saw op says trial but doesnt look diff than my full version,how longs the trial your posting?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:20 AM
unr
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i hope your only posting the trial, its not a free game. i saw op says trial but doesnt look diff than my full version,how longs the trial your posting?
If you follow the link in my original post it links to www.handango.com, and you download the trial from them. I bought the game and never used their trial so I don't know how long it lasts. I never actually shared any files for the game... it's all from handango "download trial" link. I take no responsibility for where that links takes you or what file you receive from it. If you want me to remove the link then I will.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Good find, but im gonna wait till a newer one comes out, great post though for some of the younger users..

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games