PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone shall I buy?
HTC HD2 21 56.76%
HTC Touch Pro 2 16 43.24%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 12:46 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC HD2 or Touch Pro 2?

I want it too.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I'm waiting for the HD2. I love thin phones and I can live without a hardware keyboard. I like having the keyboard, but it goes back to form factor for me. Everyone's needs/wants are different and one thing might outweigh another differently.

I'm sure the last of hardware buttons can cause issues with games in the beginning, but I see that changing as more and more of these devices are becoming dependent on the touchscreen, even without a stylus. The iPhone changed that standard.

So if you play older games that don't support touchscreen buttons or the accelerometer, then it might be a problem for you, but I don't really play enough games for it to be a factor for me.
amen to that. but going from keyboard to touchscreen is a huge change.
i went from a treo 700p to a htc vogue. SO HARD.
and hd2 seems like a better choice, but thats jsut me. the tp2 has nice screen and keyboard, but thicker=extra weight and i had enough of that while still carrying around my ipod classic.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor

I am capable of lifting more weight than 180grams so as long as the phone isn't over pounds I'm fine.

I didn't know about the HD2 when I bought the Pro2, but if I had I might have waited. The keyboard is one of the main reason I bought the Pro2, but performance is my main concern since I'm looking for an all in one device (phone, webbrowsing, camera, music and video) so I don't have to carry more than device one around. I'm just wondering how much faster this 1ghz snapdragon cpu will be compared to the current 528mhz in my Pro2.

It doesn't look like the Pro2 will be able to support Mobile 7 either, so it looks like I will have to save up.

Last edited by eksasol; 11-25-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:31 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i wil be buying a touch hd 2 as soon as we get a cdma verison or a gsm verison if verizon flipps the lte switch first! love my tp2 and the keyboard but i find myself using the hardware keyboard less and less because of the size of the screen i can for once use the onscreen with my big hands!! tp screen is what 3.8 and the hd2 screen is 4.3! i will gladly give up my hardware kb
hate to break the bubble, but verizon will probably not get the CDMA HD2 since they have the Imagio and probably Omnia2. To add, WM7 is out next year which makes all of our devices obsolete.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually the rumor mill says it will probably go to Verizon. I just wish Sprint would get it. But anyway....

I think once you find a keyboard that isn't bad then typing on a touchscreen is worth the extra thinness.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Redemption is a n00b

Sprint wont be getting any new phones until after the new year, the phones they currently have are their Christmas line-up. HD2 all the way!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i wil be buying a touch hd 2 as soon as we get a cdma verison or a gsm verison if verizon flipps the lte switch first! love my tp2 and the keyboard but i find myself using the hardware keyboard less and less because of the size of the screen i can for once use the onscreen with my big hands!! tp screen is what 3.8 and the hd2 screen is 4.3! i will gladly give up my hardware kb

I have always had to have a hardware keyboard since the HTC Apache (XV6700), and the TP2 keyboard is by far the best hardware keyboard I've seen around. If the HD2 had a hardware keyboard, then I'd be all about it, but I think I just may suck it up and ditch the keyboard for a test run on the HD2. But I really love the hardware keyboard. Love it!! Damn...

Another thing, I hope the camera issue gets worked out. I'm tired of having lesser quality cameras with new phones. Also, I hear the speakerphone isn't very good. The TP2 speakerphone is amazing. And what is the internal memory of the HD2? When will HTC bring out AMOLED screens? I'm glad to see they kept the 3.5mm and have switched to the new standard plug - MicroUSB.

So far, it seems the main features over the TP2 are:

- bigger screen (awesome)
- dual LED flash (dual, people - super awesome!!)
- capacitive screen (I like the precision of the resistive touch, but look forward to multi-touch. A tradeoff I suppose)
- 2x processing power (oh baby!)
- digital compass (that's cool)

Such an advanced phone should have:
4G support? (4G will be available next year in US, although Sprint started early in select cities).

USB 3.0?

Stronger battery - 1230 mAh battery is weaksauce!

512mb of ROM is better, but still kinda low. Still limits programs (although it would take some time to fill it up).
Will my texts & e-mails slow down my phone?

AMOLED screen

I hope the recording feature of the camera is much better than past HTC phones. Its always been lousy.

All in all, I guess I might just stick with the TP2 until something more advanced comes out. Seems like this is a small step in the right direction. Don't get me wrong, HTC does tend to release newer, nicer phones often, but it would be nice if there was a super phone will all the bells and whistles. Shoot, we're already buying $600 phones, I'd think $1,000 would be reasonable for a phone with all the features I listed above. (Assuming the phone came out now, not 2 years from now).
Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewwelton View Post
I think he meant the HD2/Leo, not the Diamond 2.
And while physical keyboards are nice, the HD2 is big enough that if you went to type in landscape, or even portrait for that matter. im sure it would work amazingly well.
+10
lol

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:23 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Keep in mind the GSM Diamond has a 900mAH battery and the CDMA has 1350 so they will make a bigger battery if they do the CDMA HD2 so battery life should be tolerable. GSM just uses less power.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Keep in mind the GSM Diamond has a 900mAH battery and the CDMA has 1350 so they will make a bigger battery if they do the CDMA HD2 so battery life should be tolerable. GSM just uses less power.

agreed!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
hd2, htc, touch pro 2