PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 vs. Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
All the Pro2 has is TF3D on both portrait and landscape, and it gets quite boring quickly. Plus another part of my conclusion is that I wanna get the hell away from the bugginess and headaches for a while until something appealing to me comes out. Then I can get rid of this 6.3 oz. paper-weight after I get it replaced. And the final word about the big bad droids are they're pretty much error free and require absolutely no soft resetting at all. There's also a few task killers for it as well that are quite beneficial for Android devices.
Task Killers in general take away the multitask feel to the device, it's a constant trade off between Speed and open applictions... whereas for me, with AE Button Plus, I feel like I am more in control. With stock rom TP2 seems to be fairly error free and solid after some minor tweaking (which is required for all devices imo). I've had my Hero force quit a few times on me, so nothing is without faults... but it was a visually pleasing experience in general (menu's are just so groovy).

If anything, the Moment (while stock Android), appeals more to me... when I had the Hero, I hit the menu key so much it stopped clicking... in 3 weeks I wore out that button. I think the soft touch moment keys would be more ideal. I'd miss Flash lite, but as mentioned before, it's enroute to all devices soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
Wow, really? The Moment Web Browser for me is lightning fast.

This is honestly the first Mobile browser that I am happy to use even if a computer is nearby! I certainly couldn't say that for the TP. Haven't tried the TP2 though.
TP is pure crap compared to the TP2, and the web experience on the TP2 is very similar to android (capacitive screen makes it a tad bit more enjoyable than the resisitive, but tweaks get that screen close enough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I think Opera exists for Android if I am not mistaken.
It does, but nothing beats Android's stock browser... some like Dolphin, but I personally think it's kind of bloated and clunky compared to the OOB Browser. It's the best iteration of Webkit in my opinion (I've used it on all devices, iPhone, webOS, WinMo and Android).
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm interesting. I kinda like the idea of WkTask though for WM and think something like that really adds to the feel of WM and multitasking.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:

This is honestly the first Mobile browser that I am happy to use even if a computer is nearby! I certainly couldn't say that for the TP. Haven't tried the TP2 though.
lol, you have to try both!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

Quote:

I'm with you. There is no way the TP2 browser is faster than the one on the Moment. IMO, the browsing experience is much better on Android period and this is coming from a LONG time HTC/WinMo supporter. Just check the themes section for proof of this.....lol

Yes, I have closed my site and I'm in the process of moving. I do have all of my themes still and will upload them on request here. The best part about the themes is they were perfectly on Windows 6.5 Romz.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I was using them side by side the other day. About the same exact size externally wise. The TP2 screen is a little bit bigger. The Moment was a bit brighter. Battery life is about the same as a stock TP2 right out of the box.

Strange as it may seem to say, the Moment, at least for me, didnt seem as responsive, and in side by side web browsing it was definitely slower. Using the signal indicator bars as a point of comparison (my caveat because I know nothing beats raw signal strength numbers) the Moment didn't seem to pick up Sprint signal as well as my TP2.

The UI is simple and good enough and it works awesome right out of the box. Android market is also a treat.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Strange as it may seem to say, the Moment, at least for me, didnt seem as responsive, and in side by side web browsing it was definitely slower. Using the signal indicator bars as a point of comparison (my caveat because I know nothing beats raw signal strength numbers) the Moment didn't seem to pick up Sprint signal as well as my TP2.
i thought this as well. sitting in the house yesterday, i used the gps on both phones. my wifes' momment says the signal is weak, while my tp2 picks me up sitting on the couch. and the stock opera on the tp2 is definitely faster than the moment. but they are both good phones, it just depends on what os you want.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

i did a test of the hero, moment and tp 2 at the sprint store and the moment actually was faster browsing than either the other phones. i used engadget.com as the site to load up since it's pretty tough on mobile browsers with all the graphics. both the hero and moment took quite a while to load the site up but i was still able to read the text that loaded prior to the images.

the tp2, however, is painful on engadget's site, even on wifi. opera would hang for many seconds as it updated itself. not in one test did opera ever download every image on the entire site. there would be plenty of articles with missing images. ie actually did better, though it to would hang as it updated.

sadly, none of the devices opened up the site faster than my ipod touch 2g and scrolled smoother.

the moment felt snappier of the 3 - it switch from landscape to portrait the fastest (using tilting).

i ended up getting the tp2 though because i'm still on sero and it didn't make sense to spend 400+ more a year for the same service. so i'm happy.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison