PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   TP2 vs. Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97093)

Darth Pooh 11-17-2009 02:28 PM

TP2 vs. Moment

So I have a few options this week...

TP2 and the Moment are the main contenders. I need a physical KB (came off the Hero and just couldn't adapt... and the Pre can't handle day to day functions without being a chore).

Has anyone had these two devices and suggest why I'd want one over the other?

Thanks for any feedback you can give up...

Dr.8820 11-17-2009 02:34 PM

Re: TP2 vs. Moment

i have the tp2 and my wife has the moment. they are both able to do pretty much whatever you need. it's just a matter of os and if you like tweaking and hacking.

blasphemous_prime 11-17-2009 02:37 PM

My Pro2 pales in comparison to even my Hero, so for less headaches, R2-D2 with arms and legs is the way to go. And this thread is being moved to the Phone Comparison forum.

Darth Pooh 11-17-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime (Post 1337462)
My Pro2 pales in comparison to even my Hero, so for less headaches, R2-D2 with arms and legs is the way to go. And this thread is being moved to the Phone Comparison forum.

So you are saying the Moment (and Android all around) is better than the TP2? Interesting... anything that leads you to this conclusion in particular? My concern is that while the TP2 is nice, it's still WinMo covered up by TF3D 2 (errr Sense... errr... whatever). And WinMo while customizable, is a chore to do basic things... Even syncing GMail (with Gmail Sync) is troublesome... all kinds of errors, but Gmail just works out of the box on an Android (as well as Gtalk too).

Darth Pooh 11-17-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1337453)
i have the tp2 and my wife has the moment. they are both able to do pretty much whatever you need. it's just a matter of os and if you like tweaking and hacking.

Right, but if as you are getting more experienced with both of them (I am experienced with both OS's and form factors) which one wins overall?

Thanks... hmmm shoulda multi-quoted eh?

Dr.8820 11-17-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Pooh (Post 1337492)
Right, but if as you are getting more experienced with both of them (I am experienced with both OS's and form factors) which one wins overall?

Thanks... hmmm shoulda multi-quoted eh?

the tp2 has a faster web but the overallness of the moment is great. much brighter screen, and as mr. prime says, just works right out the box. in all fairness, the tp2 has the best stock rom of any winmo phone i've used. i would suggest trying one, then the other (30 day trials are great!) and see which one fits your needs.

Darth Pooh 11-17-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1337507)
the tp2 has a faster web but the overallness of the moment is great. much brighter screen, and as mr. prime says, just works right out the box. in all fairness, the tp2 has the best stock rom of any winmo phone i've used. i would suggest trying one, then the other (30 day trials are great!) and see which one fits your needs.

That's the only reason I am even considering a TP2 is due to the stability of the device OOB (per my brother and a few others like Mal).

But I've had the Hero and know it's just a solid OS (I'll miss Flash Lite, but it's coming soon for all of Android, so no worries there).

blasphemous_prime 11-18-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Pooh (Post 1337488)
So you are saying the Moment (and Android all around) is better than the TP2? Interesting... anything that leads you to this conclusion in particular? My concern is that while the TP2 is nice, it's still WinMo covered up by TF3D 2 (errr Sense... errr... whatever). And WinMo while customizable, is a chore to do basic things... Even syncing GMail (with Gmail Sync) is troublesome... all kinds of errors, but Gmail just works out of the box on an Android (as well as Gtalk too).

All the Pro2 has is TF3D on both portrait and landscape, and it gets quite boring quickly. Plus another part of my conclusion is that I wanna get the hell away from the bugginess and headaches for a while until something appealing to me comes out. Then I can get rid of this 6.3 oz. paper-weight after I get it replaced. And the final word about the big bad droids are they're pretty much error free and require absolutely no soft resetting at all. There's also a few task killers for it as well that are quite beneficial for Android devices.

ramiss 11-18-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1337507)
the tp2 has a faster web

Wow, really? The Moment Web Browser for me is lightning fast.

This is honestly the first Mobile browser that I am happy to use even if a computer is nearby! I certainly couldn't say that for the TP. Haven't tried the TP2 though.

MrObvious 11-18-2009 06:42 AM

I think Opera exists for Android if I am not mistaken.