PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: TP2 vs. MY Touch Pro

Sorry there is a lot of info already out there on this phone, so i won't type up a long winded response to the specific concerns you have but, all that needs to be said is that the TP2>TP by a long shot. I've used the TP, the AT&T Fuze and the Sprint and the Verizon version, and even out of the box vs a very tweaked TP, the TP2 blows them away. The hardware is just that much better alone. Already had a coworker who spent nearly $400 on a sprint TP on ebay to use on Verizon last year, upgrade to a TP2 for $200 for Verizon's native version. He had his tp for under a year and loved it, but the TP2 is greatly superior.

any concern about lack of keys on the keyboard is easily resolved with the Keyboard Controller program. For instance I have mine setup to do long press of X,C,V as cut/copy/paste, without needing a hard CTRL button at all. This keyboard is seriously the BEST keyboard I've ever used on a mobile device, period.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When you say the hardware is better, you aren't talking about the screen and keyboard are you?

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my TP1 keyboard. This could be because it's my first qwerty phone, but hey... regardless of the reason, it works.

Are there any other reasons that the pro2 is better besides the keyboard and the screen?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

I was gonna type up this big long winded explanation but then I remembered how I felt about the TP2 vs my Titan and how I was weighing the pros/cons of it vs my titan and the TP's I had used. And then how I felt after I got my TP2 and started to use it - and how I was overwhelmed with how the stats / pros / cons suddenly didn't matter nearly as much as they had seemed - and how impressed I was with it out of the box. No matter what I say, the expierence of looking one over and using it, viewing an HD youtube video on it, typing on it's keyboard, using it's headphone jack, using it's speakerphone, it's implementation of TF3d out of the box, etc none of that really conveys well in video or text.

In short, if you are on the fence still after considering the specifications, then I encourage you to try one. The specs alone should be convincing enough depending on how much it costs you, and how much you can sell yours for. But if those $ figures are too close to call, then get your hands on one as that should seal the deal. Try to get your hands on a cherry Verizon version too. I know 4 friends that have them now, if you have any local forums maybe you can find someone locally to show you.

i will add on more thing though, the effective battery life on this phone is way better then my Titan or the TP's my friends used to own prior to owning TP2's.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison