PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why Hero?

Ok so as of right now me and my wife are on alltel and under contract with them until february. After that if we decide to upgrade our phones our current stores will all be verizon and thier prices are a little high for me. Even though i've been eyeing the OmniaII i don't believe the phone is worth the price over 2years of the package for verizon. The hero looks good and i think that with sprints new any mobile plans i can get away with the minutes(i usually use about 3500-4500min per month with my circle and mobile to mobile for work). So my question to you is what is so special about the Hero that would make me want it? Does it have alot of good apps, solid build quality(not like tp), good sound quality and camera(past downfalls to htc phones). What are your thoughts and opinions.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Why Hero?

I like it mostly for the HTC Sense software they have running on top of Android. and b/c its Android there are tons of cool apps and more coming. i would assume it has solid build quality b/c it is a bar style of phone and the past bar styles of HTC's i've seen (Snap, Dash) had good quality i think it would be safe to assume the Hero's quality will be good. as far as picture quality they should be awesome b/c of the 5MP camera in it. I thought the Touch Pro's 3.2MP was good so the Hero's 5 should be awesome. as for call quality i'm gonna find out.
I'll have one to tinker with this thurs or fri so i'll swing back here to let you know what i find
Old 09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

I use the European Hero because I travel overseas a lot, and fortunately it works on U.S. 3G networks. After using this thing the U.S. version is a travesty as it's one of the ugliest phone's Sprint has ever come out with.
However, If you're like me and you send out tons of e-mails, text messages, picture mails, all to multiple people, and use the internet a LOT, then nothing can compare to the ease of use of Sense UI. You'll never go back to another phone unless you have to (I have a Sprint Diamond that gets paid for by my work).

For you...correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you make a lot of phone calls more than anything else. If this is the case, then get the Diamond or Touch Pro 2 with sprint. If you're like me and you send out tons of e-mails, text messages, use the net etc....then get the Sprint Hero (though I must warn you, the phone is fugly).
Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Geniuz650 is keeping up the good workGeniuz650 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
....then get the Sprint Hero (though I must warn you, the phone is fugly).
The phone isn't that bad...

Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
I use the European Hero because I travel overseas a lot, and fortunately it works on U.S. 3G networks. After using this thing the U.S. version is a travesty as it's one of the ugliest phone's Sprint has ever come out with.
However, If you're like me and you send out tons of e-mails, text messages, picture mails, all to multiple people, and use the internet a LOT, then nothing can compare to the ease of use of Sense UI. You'll never go back to another phone unless you have to (I have a Sprint Diamond that gets paid for by my work).

For you...correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you make a lot of phone calls more than anything else. If this is the case, then get the Diamond or Touch Pro 2 with sprint. If you're like me and you send out tons of e-mails, text messages, use the net etc....then get the Sprint Hero (though I must warn you, the phone is fugly).
first, just curious how did you get 3G running on it, every review I've read complains that 3g doesn't work in the US
and wouldn't it make more sense to have the TP2 for tons of email and messages since it has a physical keyboard (but to each his own)and TouchFlo for windows handles email and messages rather well
and I think the Sprint Hero looks better than the Euro counterpart
Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan
Threadstarter

zim2704 is just getting started

yea i'm mainly using my alltel diamond for phone calls and internet surfing but it's starting to fail me...touch screen not responding 50% of the time....I just didn't know if anybody knew more about the phone than me because when it does come out the closest sprint store to play with one is 90 miles away. Thanks for the input so far and keep it coming.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

well if you're looking for more information check here:
http://www.htc.com/uk/product/hero/overview.html
that is of course the European version but the Sense software is the same so its informative
i'll also have get play with for a little bit either tomorrow or friday so if you have specific questions let me know. theres also a user by the name of mrchainsaw here on the forums who already has the device so you can track him down and ask

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison