PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which new phone do you prefer at this point?
Touch Pro 2 38 61.29%
Omnia 2 15 24.19%
Other please elaborate 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 vs. Omnia 2

OK, I know at this point this is totally hypothetical since neither phone has released yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one of these 2 when I'm able to renew in Sept. (assuming they're actually available by Sept lol)

Samsung Omnia II

Pros = Slightly faster processor, Slightly larger screen, better camera (5 MP vs 3.2 MP), VGA recording quality, slimmer design, more RAM, more storage (16 gig internal and up to 32 gig micro sd), 3.5 mm headphone jack

Cons = No stylus (unless you want to tie it to the phone), no physical keyboard, less support from developers.
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i800...iew-362p2.php#

HTC Touch Pro 2

Pros = Stylus, physical keyboard, tilt screen for viewing on a table or desk, will most likely have larger support from developers here.

Cons = No 3.5 audio jack, lower quality camera, less internal storage, thicker (for keyboard), slower processor.

I'm kinda leaning towards the omnia 2 because of the MUCH better camera and video recording, but not by much which is why I'm hunting for opinions to help me decide

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: TP2 vs. Omnia 2

what about the omnia pro?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Realistically, it's unlikely the omnia 2/pro will be coming to Telus any time soon. Although it has better specs, I'm looking into a new PPC right now, and the TP2's coming out within the next week or so...

Also, it's likely going to have a massive following here, just like the original TP. Very much looking forward to that!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

omnia 2 for sure, every spec is better (i never use the stylus, and I don't need a physical kb). As far as "support from developers" goes, you have a good point, but there will still be people working on stuff and good 6.5 roms and whatnot for it.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touchâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint

JBundyLive is a n00b

I'm holding out for the Touch Pro2's successor (I got dreams, too), which will hopefully have a much improved CPU (minimum 1ghz w/discrete graphics))/RAM(minimum 512MB)/ROM(minimum 32GB)/capacitive screen/battery(minimum 2000mAH/OS package, whether that be on WM7, Android, or (if Palm allows it) webOS. I'd pay full retail for that.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm holding out for something w/ Nvidea's Tegra in it!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I like my Diamond a whole lot and thus am considering to purchase a TD2 if it ever comes to Sprint. However, I am in no rush to get a new phone and my just wait until next year to see what WM7 has to offer. I am stoked about the mandates MS put in place as the minimum requirements for WM7 phones.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

put a custom 6.5 rom with all the HTC apps and manila 2.5 on the omnia 2 and we have a winner!!!!

the processor is what makes me like it better... can you say AMOLED?

what worries me is the support it will get and if with the limited support the custom rom i mentioned might have less chance to be a reality
Old 07-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I'm hanging in there for the Omnia II. It's a beast by every standard. Rumor has it that Verizon could have it by end of the month too.

In regards to a user base for the phone I'm not much worried. Any powerful, reliable, well built phone will have a solid, dedicated group of people improving on it which is fine by me.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I like the Omnia's specs, just gotta have a keyboard though.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison