PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Talking ONE opinion on TouchPro1 vs. TouchPro2. Chime in!

At times I seem to forget that holding the TP2 won't be as convenient as holding the TP1, for obvious reasons. But what's your opinion on holding a device that's larger than what we're used to? I think it will take some time to get comfortable with considering this will be quite a hefty change. Your turn!
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 07-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: ONE opinion on TouchPro1 vs. TouchPro2. Chime in!

well we really wont know for sure until its release but personally i think it will take some getting used to but will be fine. before i got my tp i had a palm 650 which was a freakin tank looking back on it so the tp2 should be fine
Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Man, I can't wait to hold a TP2 in my hand(& activate it on Verizon)

I want that screen, I get incredibly jealous evertime I use my Ipod Touch with its awesome screen (I tether it to my TP with WMWifirouter) & would give ANTHING to transplant that screen to my TP.............

~John
Old 07-04-2009, 08:10 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

personally, the bigger screen isn't going to do it for me.
declining rom support might though...
Old 07-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I would say it takes a week before it feels right in my hand like most phones I get. I myself personally welcome the some what bigger size. I'm sure its gonna feel right at home in my big hands

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I had a helio ocean before my tp... it was taller, wider, thicker, and heavier... and completely less capable. The switch up was a welcome one. while I would probably be happier with a touch pro 2, the screen alone won't get me to switch... If I stop seeing updated software then I probably will.

What I am really hoping for is that Sprint will stop stocking the Touch Pro and mine will break itself (as the past 6 have) and they will tell me they will trade me up to a TP2, as the mogul owners have been able to... I can wish, right?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:39 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
personally, the bigger screen isn't going to do it for me.
declining rom support might though...
+1 on that

Now if sprint grabbed the Omnia Pro, then id definantly upgrade, and thats a actuall upgrade spex wise! Shhhnnit, like thatll ever happen!

Last edited by Dragon2; 07-04-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

just hold a mogul... obviously the looks/specs arent TP2 but the size and weight i bet is close.. a moguls way bigger than the TP1, and its no big deal when i shift between the 2 of em...
Old 07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

If the camera software is better, I'm in. I hate how long it takes to take a picture other than in very bright settings. I know there are some hacks but They don't work that well. my wifes 3gs just crushes the tp's camera.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

i personally would LOVE a larger device. i cannot understand why they keep making the damn things smaller & smaller, especially phones that focus on media. i will probably jump on the tp2 bandwagon when my next upgrade comes along. sooner if i can afford it.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison