PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ONE opinion on TouchPro1 vs. TouchPro2. Chime in!

I will be getting the TP2. The size isnt that much of a difference. I use the phone for work and I am hoping the speaker phone is as good as advertised. I am kind of dissappointed they changed around the keyboard as I love the TP1 keyboard. Guess I will have to get used to not having a tab and ctrl key again. Oh well.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

TP1, I dont want to look like I'm holding a Netbook to my head when I make a call.

"Who is that masked man!" Oh wait, he is not masked, its Snoman, he was just making a call.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

For me personally, a bigger screen isnt worth the upgrade. Now if it had gotten a processor upgrade, like to the snapdragon, id be very much willing to get the TP2 when its released. If only had this phone for 6 months, and its running so perfectly, im kinda leary to upgrade so quickly.
dschoenike

Old 07-04-2009, 11:50 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

I have the Diamond2 and let me just say that the screen alone makes any size change well worth while.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Palm Treo Pro

shailigum is just getting started

the tp2 is actually thinner and lighter than the tp1. So not only is the screen bigger but i'd say the form factor is more convenient as well.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

double post SORRY!!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:55 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

if the speed and smoothness on the touch pro2 is better optimized than the pro1 im defenetly upgrading...

from the looks of things, HTC focused on making the thing faster and smoother by optimizing the software. you can tell by how they demostrate how smooth touchflo3d-2 is compared to the pro1
Old 07-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

When the TP2 finally drops. First thing, I will check to see if CFay will try anything with the shipped version of the ROM. As he has TF3D2, on his custom ROM and works pretty well. Also, just recently boasted a 2.0 version release of said ROM. With the TP2 supposedly dropping sometime soon, the TP will also have optimized software in the works, maybe. They have the same guts, change would come from compression of the screen size difference.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tkthatruth is becoming a great contributor

TP2 is focused on the people who don't want an iPhone, with a big screen and an awesome QWERTY keyboard. I'd switch to it but I'd have to switch plans and I'm not giving up my free incoming calls with sprint. Guess I'm going to be a TP user for a while!
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
I will be getting the TP2. The size isnt that much of a difference. I use the phone for work and I am hoping the speaker phone is as good as advertised. I am kind of dissappointed they changed around the keyboard as I love the TP1 keyboard. Guess I will have to get used to not having a tab and ctrl key again. Oh well.
um, it has a ctrl key.
not sure about tab,
but I can clearly see the control key on the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
if the speed and smoothness on the touch pro2 is better optimized than the pro1 im defenetly upgrading...

from the looks of things, HTC focused on making the thing faster and smoother by optimizing the software. you can tell by how they demostrate how smooth touchflo3d-2 is compared to the pro1
tf3d2 is already ported.
granted it has to be cooked in to the rom so you don't get bugs.
besides, all the software is being ported,
no real point in switching.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison