PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Touch Pro 2 not worth upgrade, must read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
That screen is to sexy to pass up..... The last pda I own with a screen close to this size was my 6600 & I've been missing it since..
I've missed mine too until I got the TP, but I still miss the screen size. The 6700 and mogul were terrible replacements, complete downgrades in performance--why on earth did they go from 128mb ram to 64 on those--64mb isn't even enough for WM to run properly.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Compromising performance for looks... A pretty big no-no in my book, so like it states, I'm passing this POS up and saving my money for the next big option.
Why does everybody down talk the performance of the touch pro? I think the performance is just fine. They made some physical changes to make the device more enjoyable. Why fix it if it isn't broken. Especially with windows 6.5 coming along. It takes up even less space. I gurantee you when you see the touch pro 2 sporting and offcial 6.5 rom all of you will just be wowed.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The author of the article is obviously a just a Pre fanboy. If he says that the TP2 is a POS and it's slightly better than the TP, then he must think TP stands for Toiletpaper......I'm content for now with my TP because of sites like this and custom roms (Thanks Scott). I'll just wait til my TP gets another nuetron ring problem and get verizon to upgrade me to the TP2. IMHO the TP2 is what the TP should have been all along.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
I only paid $1.05 for my Touch Pro back in March and The $100 rebate, so I got it for free. I gave Sprint back my problem Mogul which was purchased for negative $700 with all the free service and credits I got because the service in Myrtle Beach sucked!
I am waiting for a new windows mobile 7 phone with a 1 ghz snapdragon cpu and 512 ram and the larger oled screen. So I'm hanging on to my Touch Pro until then because if I upgraded everytime a new device came out, I would end up buying a new Phone every 6 months.
i dont see the problem here lol
Old 06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

morrowa2 is just getting started

I can see how it is a questionable upgrade from TP, but for folks upgrading from 6800, do you think it is worth it? I definitely do... especially since my 6800 is on the fritz and currently has the functionality of a paperweight.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Compromising performance for looks... A pretty big no-no in my book, so like it states, I'm passing this POS up and saving my money for the next big option.
Perhaps you can explain how the performance has been compromised... I see the same specs on both devices with the exception of the different chip sets. Which, from my understanding, the 7200a chip is supposed to have better video playback and recording than 7201a.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2 View Post
I can see how it is a questionable upgrade from TP, but for folks upgrading from 6800, do you think it is worth it? I definitely do... especially since my 6800 is on the fritz and currently has the functionality of a paperweight.
Yes, even though I've never had a 6800, I'm sure the TP2 will be better than a non-working 6800.

Personally, I'm keeping my TP.
I'm ok with the screen and the KB of the TP, I don't care that much about the improved mic and speakerphone (they work fine as is), and I would miss the D-pad.

I think it's a pretty weak "upgrade". Of course, that's just my opinion.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowa2 View Post
Incredibly worth it!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its the screen!!!!! Nuff said.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
i dont see the problem here lol
Not a problem at all, just makes no sense to buy a new phone every 3-6 months.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison