PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epix
Carrier: AT&T

ianderson_76 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ianderson_76 Send a message via Yahoo to ianderson_76
Re: To Touch Pro2 or Not to Touch Pro2....

If the TP2 is not the device to beat, then what should we be waiting for? I want a TP2 but I don't want to regret getting it. If the RAM and processor aren't improved, it's like takin a step back. So what is coming out WinMo, that could be a better upgrade than the TP2?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro palm pre
Carrier: sprint

ummzitsokies is a n00b

gsmarena has a full review of the tp2 posted already, if anyone was was interested in reading that. even though it is the gsm version, the performance should still be similar to what we should expect in the sprint version.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummzitsokies View Post
gsmarena has a full review of the tp2 posted already, if anyone was was interested in reading that. even though it is the gsm version, the performance should still be similar to what we should expect in the sprint version.
pocketnow on youtube has a full review also, it doens't talk about hte battery heat tho!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I wonder if there is any heating issues
as far as user opinions check out xda devs they have a lot of users commenting on the phone. So far for GSM no duds yet
Old 06-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I wonder if there is any heating issues
as far as user opinions check out xda devs they have a lot of users commenting on the phone. So far for GSM no duds yet
I know I might sound crazy, but if I can talk with phone plugged in and not worry about it dying, I def will be gettin the tp2, thats more of a feature to me than anything!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
I know I might sound crazy, but if I can talk with phone plugged in and not worry about it dying, I def will be gettin the tp2, thats more of a feature to me than anything!!!!
yea same here i was just on my phone last night and it got REALLY hot and then died all while charging
Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

What is the difference between the MSM7501A processor on the TP, vs MSM7200A processor on the TP2? They are both the same mHz (52, but is the new one a different/better class of processor?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:01 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
What is the difference between the MSM7501A processor on the TP, vs MSM7200A processor on the TP2? They are both the same mHz (52, but is the new one a different/better class of processor?
the one on the pro2 is slightly older, what worries me is how it will handle the WVGA screen which really sucks up cpu and remain good preformance-wise (thats one reason why the Pro lacked in optimized performance compared to the Mogul and Touch which has less power compared)

The Omnia Pro really caught my eye though but i rather see a head-to-head comparison before jumping to conclusions. Although the 800mhz and possibly GFX driver provided CPU as well as the AMOLED screen on the omnia really might give the Pro2 a run for its money. we will see...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
the one on the pro2 is slightly older, what worries me is how it will handle the WVGA screen which really sucks up cpu and remain good preformance-wise (thats one reason why the Pro lacked in optimized performance compared to the Mogul and Touch which has less power compared)

The Omnia Pro really caught my eye though but i rather see a head-to-head comparison before jumping to conclusions. Although the 800mhz and possibly GFX driver provided CPU as well as the AMOLED screen on the omnia really might give the Pro2 a run for its money. we will see...
On a separate note, where in PR do you reside? Mi novia esta puerto riquena (I hope I didn't butcher my spanish too bad....I'm learning slowly), and is from Bayamon.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:02 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
On a separate note, where in PR do you reside? Mi novia esta puerto riquena (I hope I didn't butcher my spanish too bad....I'm learning slowly), and is from Bayamon.
im from San Juan but i used to work @ Bayamon lol, takes me like 15 minutes to get there

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison