PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one?
touch pro 1 13 34.21%
touch pro 2 25 65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
Exclamation treo 800w to TP1 or TP2

Hello I have a Treo 800w and I'm thinking about upgrading to a TP1 or TP2(when is it coming out?) and I have a few question before I deside.

1. does touch pro have area code look up like 800w does? I mean like if a dial in 443-444-4444 it will say Maryland when I hit send on talk on the phone.

2. Battery life How is the battery life in the TP1 and TP2? I know with my 800W I can fully TAX it for like 3 hours sending about 30-40 text messages looking on opera mini and on slick messenger and I'm down to 30% battery with gps and wifi off and the screen turned down 2-3 bars from full dim.

3. Typing to screen lag time? pretty much how much of a lag is it when you start typing on the keyboard before it gets with the screen if you are typing long txt's and on word typing?

4. On screen keyboard. how is it on the TP1 and TP2? i don't have it on the 800w keyboard is right under the screen and sometimes hard to type.

5. GPS. what up with it with the TP1 and TP2? I read on there that there is problems with it. I know I use the GPS and sprint nav about once a month to find a place or to drive from Maryland to Central New York so GPS would be working for 5hours + on trips like that. Also heard that the battery goes dead while on the charger. I had HTC 6800 and I know when i had it I have to charge it 100% before I made the trip or it would get hot and turn off charging and go dead. if it was at 50% and i put it on charger and it would charge up and use gps and nav and get hot and stop charging. So whats up with TP1 and TP2 on this?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor
Re: treo 800w to TP1 or TP2

the tp1 doesnt have area code lookup...at least not on the sprint rom...which is all i run. the on screen keyboard is pretty slick IMO. gps i great...sometimes it may take a few seconds to lock on. the battery life is decent but again i run the sprint rom...there are millions of roms that can fix this. overall comsidering everything its a very good phone. not sure when the tp2 drops but if youve made it this far you may as well just wait for it now.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Threadstarter

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18

yea thats all I will be running is sprint roms. still trying to figure out when the tp2 is coming out and looking to see if there is a program to add area look up.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:53 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

TP2 is going to be too big for me I think
Old 06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

This CDMA TP2 looks too neutered to me, and is a complete eyesore with this orange inside of the back cover.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

if you dont have neither, the touch pro 2 is the obvious answer since you will upgrade overall to a better device and since it has a bigger screen and the new goodies , why not?

now it you have a pro1 then depends if the upgrade is enough for you since its minor
Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

chippillie is a n00b

I had a treo 800w the worst phone I ever had. I now have a TP the best phone I have ever had. That being said if you can wait a little while I would wait for the TP2 and see what thats like. If you want a TP1 after seeing the TP2 then you could still get it and the price would be sure to drop. If not then aleast there would be no buyers remorse over the TP2 when it comes out.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison