PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

ihateu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blsckberry Storm Or Touch Pro? Which 1Wins?

just wanted to ask u guys ....which phone do like more or which 1 do u think is better between the BB Storm or Touch Pro?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: US Cellular

vpr5703 is just getting started
Re: Blsckberry Storm Or Touch Pro? Which 1Wins?

I think most of us will like the Touch Pro. IMHO, the WinMo devices have so much more opportunities because of the extensive software development for them. Just on this site alone i have found so many useful apps that have really extended the capabilities of my Pro. The Storm is a novel idea, but I think the whole "click" mechanism would eventually wear out. I don't really like the mechanics of how it works, and I think its more of a gimmick then a feature.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW 6850
Carrier: VZW

BigDASH is a n00b

I say the touch pro, due to the availability of developed CABs and ROMs.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

lol ask this in the touch pro sections = touch pro wins.. might get a better poll if u ask in a general type section.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Alright i got the blackberry storm the first day it came out. I was very happy with it for about a week, then it broken, and a week after the replacement stopped working, and it happened another time, i went through 3 storms in 3 weeks. By that time i realised how uncustomizable and boring the blackberry OS was. There was nothing to do! i was going crazy i needed a windows mobile phone. I sold my storm asap and got the touch pro and couldnt be happier.
if you like tweaking customizing or having one of the largest lists of software available go with windows mobile!
Touch Pro FTW
Old 04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

same with me i actually bought the storm when it first came out and was not very impressed.i know there have been updates between then and nnow, but even still for getting things done i think the tp is much more efficient
Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jonbon01 is a n00b

I got the Storm in the first week of it being released. I then proceeded to go through 3 units in about a month due to faulty manufacturing. Take that into and the fact that Verizon still has not released a firmware update which makes the Storm a very buggy, slow and painful to use phone.

I sold my Storm and picked up the TP. It is hands down the better phone. So IMHO go with the TP, you won't be disappointed.

Hope that helps!

HTC Touch Pro - XV6850 (Verizon)
ROM: SSK Kitchen v1.8 (21109)
Radio: 1.03.03 (VZW)

Old 04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I say the Pro,because with that new Blackberry OS app that is gonna be available on WM devices, you get the best of both worlds

Old 04-17-2009, 11:35 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

get the storm, then give it back within 30ys test drive. then the pro and that will answer your question.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
get the storm, then give it back within 30ys test drive. then the pro and that will answer your question.

Smart move

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison