PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Blsckberry Storm Or Touch Pro? Which 1Wins?

"The Storm is a novel idea, but I think the whole "click" mechanism would eventually wear out."
Yep..my friends BBS already has an issue with the lower right corner being a pain to respond to input. Getting sent in for replacement. I like the idea of the Storms innovative input but when it all comes down to it I want a full keyboard like the pro and the software and customization that's available for WinMo. Plus our touch screen method allows for pinpoint stylus or fat finger usage depending on the app or UI.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile
Threadstarter

ihateu is just getting started

Alright Good to hear from all of you.... the reason i ask is because my touch pro is damn slow hehe, Should I try A custom rom like MIghty Rom OR SSK? Oh and theres Like A bubble under ther verizon logo and the send key is kinda raised up and sometimes my 5 way d pad wont click right.I do like wm on my phone and was considering the BB Storm, I though that the BBS Is faster....If i could get a TP that works And is More faster I would keep my TP.....Actually either way I like my TP More LOL

Last edited by ihateu; 04-17-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:07 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

this was on display at the verizon store in woodbridge va. One of the salesmen even tried to stop me from taking a picture of it.

(The phone was completely unresponsive)

Old 04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateu View Post
Alright Good to hear from all of you.... the reason i ask is because my touch pro is damn slow hehe, Should I try A custom rom like MIghty Rom OR SSK? Oh and theres Like A bubble under ther verizon logo and the send key is kinda raised up and sometimes my 5 way d pad wont click right.I do like wm on my phone and was considering the BB Storm, I though that the BBS Is faster....If i could get a TP that works And is More faster I would keep my TP.....Actually either way I like my TP More LOL
with the verizon touch pro it is an absolute must to flash a custom rom in my opinion!! this thing is a dog from the factory but with a custom rom you will see the potential this phone really has.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: AT&T

rsohne is just getting started

Had 3 storms in 3 weeks and then replaced with a Touch Pro. Now I am on my 3rd Touch Pro in 3 months and gave the Iphone a shot. Love the Iphone and hopefully they wil iron out some of the issues I have with it on release of 3.0 firmware. It came to my realization that everyone is trying to get the same functionality the Iphone has built in and it works well and is a well built phone. Lets see if I feel this way in a few months.

Anyone looking to buy a VZW Touch Pro Zagged out of the box?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison